• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FYI try Fluid Film for bare metal protection / lubrication

schiker

Reaction score
This is just a For Your Information. If you have never tried it get some Fluid Film. Its a lanolin based oil (derived from sheeps wool I think). I sprayed it on my tailgate linkages a while back and its still easy to open and close. I spray it on my bushhog stump jumper /blade pivot and the bushhog is smoother and feels more balanced as the blades pivot much easier.

I have sprayed it on squeaky leaf springs and its quieted them. Its a good product for bare metal lubrication and corrosion inhibitor. I like it because it seems to form a dry wax like coating and stays put better than oils.

It does have a different smell not really offensive but not appealing either. Its different and pretty strong is the only draw back to that I can tell.

Get some and try it you'll like it. The John Deere dealership and New Holland dealerships have it here locally. Google it for more information. I use the aerosol can.

I used to work at a place that used to install various truck accessories and we only used fluid film on all locks, hinges, clasps, clamps, etc. My boss said that his friend (a locksmith) only uses that for lubricating latches and locks and said that WD-40 keeps him in business because people use it to free up sticky locks (which it does do) but when left in the lock it will eventually dry it out and destroy it.

How true that is, is not up to me but that is what i heard. I do agree that fluid film is a great product, very heavy and great lubrication.

I haven't seen it locally...can't say I really looked for it, but any more suggestions on where to find it? (autozone etc...)

Found their website...no big chain stores really carry it...

Only one local place, a boat trailer sales and supply place(champion trailers)

Thanks for the info...

I've got a small spray can somebody gave me a while back but never tried it. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the heads up!

Your local John Deere dealer probably carries it. I buy it off of a seller on Ebay. 2 one gallon cans, 2 qt. containers, one with a brush, one for an undercoating gun, and the gun---for like $92. Use it on the bottom of your truck and rust won't appear. Use it as a lube on virtually any thing that squeaks!!

Your local John Deere dealer probably carries it. I buy it off of a seller on Ebay. 2 one gallon cans, 2 qt. containers, one with a brush, one for an undercoating gun, and the gun---for like $92. Use it on the bottom of your truck and rust won't appear. Use it as a lube on virtually any thing that squeaks!!

I'm not exactly in Farm Country:eek: ...nearest John Deere Dealer is about 45 miles...The boat trailer place is only 7 miles and I pass it twice a week :)

Back