• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Sol Fuse Help

Scholioso

Reaction score
Alright. So I am in the middle of my 6.5 to 12v cummins swap. I have to wire up 12v constant (battery), ground (battery), & a 12v ignition wire. The first two are easy, just connect directly to the battery. The last one is where I'm stumped. The engine is out of the truck, & I'm trying to figure out wiring before hooking everthing back up.

Long story short, I need to know if the Fuel Sol fuse has constant power or if that is powered with the ignition? Thanks!

IIRC that fuse is tied in to the FFM heater, if that's correct then yes it would only have power with the key on. Need to find a wiring diagram or power up the truck and see when it's hot

Im no help on the wire info, but would recommend using a relay and have the power from the run wire feed relay then heavier fused wire feed the solenoid. That larger solenoid takes more amps. Also iirc there is 2 power feeds to that cummins solenoid. One is the power to pull in the solenoid and the second to hold it in position.

What do you mean FFM heater?

Will: I'm not wiring up the grid heater just yet. I'm wiring up the TCI EZ TCU trans controller. It requires constant 12v from battery, ground, & then an ignition feed. I was going to tap into the FUEL SOL fuse if it's only powered when the key is in the accelerator or run position.

Last edited:
FFM is fuel filter manager. Aka fuel filter unit. It has a fuel heater in it.

In wasn’t referring to the grid heater. On the cummins engine there is a fuel solenoid that has to get 2 stage power for the engine to run and cut power to shut off. That is how it is done in dodges. If your trans controller needs key on power also then a secondary relay for it adjacent the fuel solenoid relay would be my thought.

The factory wire to the fso should only have power key on and key start positions it should have no power innthe accessory position. That is the only wire I would use, as a control power to activate as many relays as needed to power drivetrain under key on only situations.

Last edited:
Back