• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Pump Problems

Godsmack

Reaction score
I have a 2000 6.5 dually when turning the key the fuel pump turns on only for about 10 seconds then shuts off i tried to change the drive mod but.... i dont know if i have to wait and let it cycle or something please help!!!!!! me!!!!!!:mad2:

what you are describing is normal. it's the pre prime feature and LP will start running again when cranking the engine

Yeah, i'd be worried if it ran as long as you left the key in the ON position. It's perfectly normal as stated above. The same goes for almost every vehicle with an electric fuel pump nowadays. Worst thing is that it makes these hard to diagnose when you don't have anyone to help you, you only have a few seconds to test for power to the pump LOL

I spoke with him today, I suspect another dead Flight Systems POS. I told him to find a NOS Black Stanadyne. That solved my problems with my Burb. His lift pump appears to be functioning normally, he just didn't understand the way the OPS works. He tried the spare I gave him with the truck but it was a questionable unit as I had removed it form my Burb because of no cruise so it could very well be dead. He is running again. Truck started after sitting. He may also have IP issues. The IP is about 2 yrs old but he ran kerosene through it and it immediately set an IP death code so I told him to run heavy dose of D911 and 2 stroke and pray. So far the code has not returned. I think the pMD is to blame it is a 1st gen DTech I got from Leroy. Unfortunately it is over a year old IIRC. I had bought it after the getogether with TD and Matt and CTChevy. Don't remember when that was.

Back