• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Line Fix

Chevypoor

Reaction score
Thought you guys would appreciate this. Someone posted this on my wife's Facebook. Wow.:eek:

Attachments

• 10723269_538828319584069_44973446_n.jpg
    10723269_538828319584069_44973446_n.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 39
Not bad Idea if stuck on side of road. If I left something like that permanently, I would not let the world know about it. The worst thing I ever inherited from a PO was on my 240z. Baling wire was twisted around metal brake line and attached to throttle return springs on carbs. Potential for WOT with no brakes. The wire had worn a groove in brake line.

I've done It before with a gasser when, indeed, stuck on the side of the road. The gas broke the plastic down quickly, but it got us back home.

I fixed a USMC "dragon wagon" with a pen and zip tie. The throttle was operated by air and a connection had blown apart. So, I used the metal sleeve thingy found on military ball point pens to fill the joint and zip tied the two halves together.
Marines call it "field expedience" the rest of the world calls it a "rig Job" :hihi:

Only reason that failed is they use a Chinese made bic pen. Would have been fine with a Fisher space pen!

I wished I had thought to take a picture... went to look a 94 6.5 turbo k1500 a couple of years ago that had the pmd mounted to the inner fender, no heat sink, and a foil gum wrapper to keep the hydro boost hoses from rubbing- it ran like that too!

Back