• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel leak!

Problem is, the guy I am dealing with there is an arrogant ass... and I dont know who else to talk to there.

Its going downhill fast... I think I am just gonna put it together, and have AAA drag it up there. Would much rather do that, and have it done, than fight them and get nowhere.

Quick update:

a call to the service manager seems to have netted me the following...

• Leave it as is with the intake pulled off, identify needed bolts
  • Have it towed at their expense
  • I should have a loaner car in the AM
I have yet to hear back from him, going on probably 45 min to an hour now, but I feel much better after talking to him.

Sure am trying!

Unfortunately, I am skeptical now. He told me he would call back shortly.... and I have yet to hear from him. We will see I guess.

:driving:

The 'friendly' service writer just called (as I was calling to find out why I hadnt heard from the manager last night). Said get it up there before 4pm today, and pickup the loaner.

Now I just hope they dont take this personal! :banghead:

:dita:

Thats what I got to say to that service writer!!

Told him the parts were in the back... he goes "I TOLD you not to take it apart"

yeah... :eek:21:

:rofl:

Anyway... The service manager even found us a vehicle that will 'work' for my wife for the week... barely... but I think we can cram 5 car seats in for her.

At least now I get to show her, that she would have hated a mini-van :auto:

:dita:

Thats what I got to say to that service writer!!

Told him the parts were in the back... he goes "I TOLD you not to take it apart"

yeah... :eek:21:

:rofl:

Anyway... The service manager even found us a vehicle that will 'work' for my wife for the week... barely... but I think we can cram 5 car seats in for her.

At least now I get to show her, that she would have hated a mini-van :auto:

Careful, she might come back with "THe minivan wouldn't be broke". :)

Well, we are supposed to get it back today!

:hurray:

On a funny side note.... those of you from the 'other' site may remember back when we bought this... how the wife was very against it, and wanted a mini-van...

She WANTS her suburban back :cheers2: she hates the Venture we have as a loaner! Although the mileage is nice :leaving:

Argh..... :banghead:

Got a call at about 3pm yesterday. IP just arrived. He says it should be back together sometime today.... and then it needs to go to the body shop???????

:cuss:

Seems when pushing it around in the shop, it got rolled into a lift, and put a small dent and scratch in the rear quarter.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Man, if it werent for bad luck, I wouldnt have ANY!

Anyway... they say the dent wasnt there when I dropped it off, it wont be there when I pick it up.

So now, I will be lucky if I get it for the weekend. Meanwhile... wife is :eek:ut: and hates that stupid mini-van more every day. It occurred to her yestarday that with all the kid seats she cant even fit a stroller!!

Sure am glad I won that argument a YEAR ago :rofl:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

No go for the weekend...

would you believe I still wait for the 'wait to start' light after a week of driving this crazy mini-van?

We've both released the hood by mistake trying to release the e-brake... (had to stop setting it!)

FINALLY!!

We got it back last night....

Everything seems back to normal. Although I think they tossed a couple gallons of Bio in it... While I had it idling loading up our car seats, I noticed a bio-smell... humm

Back