• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel injector

Nopers. Tried but no luck.

Depending what ip you have, run straight ATF. If db2- just take a one quart bottle and drop the output line from the ffm so the ip just sucks it straight in. If ds4, remove the line from ip and injector to fill the line full of ATF. You’ll have to do it multiple times, but you can’t run the ATF past the optic sensor and not have it freak out.

You can pull it, disassemble and clean if you have to.
Have you swapped one injector with the suspect one to be assured it is an injector?

Welcome to the forum @Mike5757 How many miles are on the injectors in your rig? normal life expectancy on them are around 100K miles, but if there were replaced with what is now commonly found, chances are the nozzles are of Chinese makes or the older Italy made ones which has issues from the get go.

Nopers. Tried but no luck.

Depending what ip you have, run straight ATF. If db2- just take a one quart bottle and drop the output line from the ffm so the ip just sucks it straight in. If ds4, remove the line from ip and injector to fill the line full of ATF. You’ll have to do it multiple times, but you can’t run the ATF past the optic sensor and not have it freak out.

You can pull it, disassemble and clean if you have to.
Have you swapped one injector with the suspect one to be assured it is an injector?
Only had it a couple of years over 100k just hate the thought pulling turbo

Time to replace them all with over 100k. you'll notice a performance difference and better mpgs Just don't cheap out on them. go with genuine bosch plus have them pressure tested and balanced within 25 psi from each other before installing.

I developed an allergy to trying to repair fuel injection parts. Go with new parts, or park it. Sure, it is possible to repair / rebuild, but this is a short term band-aid from what I experienced. Put another way, save a little money now, but all it does is increase the total cost to repair it right.

Get these: https://leroydiesel.com/products/bosch-injector-set-of-8-brand-new-no-core/

Unless Leroy has changed recently, he backs his stuff. Would not hurt to pressure test the new set, but when I had it done, no adjustments were necessary as they were all right on spec.

In case you happen to find the topic of marine injectors, don't waste time reading about them. Been there, over that. All they did was make more belch smoke at startup with no noticeable difference in empty or loaded performance. Replaced the marine injectors with a set from Leroy, and the engine seemed to like Leroy's injectors a bit better.

Related note: do not remember whether Leroy's injectors (or anybody's) are compliant with ULSD. If not, adding some lubricant will extend the injector and IP's life.

I developed an allergy to trying to repair fuel injection parts. Go with new parts, or park it. Sure, it is possible to repair / rebuild, but this is a short term band-aid from what I experienced. Put another way, save a little money now, but all it does is increase the total cost to repair it right.

Get these: https://leroydiesel.com/products/bosch-injector-set-of-8-brand-new-no-core/

Unless Leroy has changed recently, he backs his stuff. Would not hurt to pressure test the new set, but when I had it done, no adjustments were necessary as they were all right on spec.

In case you happen to find the topic of marine injectors, don't waste time reading about them. Been there, over that. All they did was make more belch smoke at startup with no noticeable difference in empty or loaded performance. Replaced the marine injectors with a set from Leroy, and the engine seemed to like Leroy's injectors a bit better.

Related note: do not remember whether Leroy's injectors (or anybody's) are compliant with ULSD. If not, adding some lubricant will extend the injector and IP's life.
Lot of good info there thanks

Back