• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel guage issues

bbever

Reaction score
Hello to Everyone,

I have a 2000 gmc K3500 5.7L with dual tanks seem I have become victim to gmc's fuel guage issues saw some of the threads and thought I could get some valuable info in trouble shooting problems I'm having. Have talked with some mechanic's both they don't seem to have much experience or resources concerning this area on these trucks. Hope I can resolve my dilemma.

thanks, bbever

sorry i'm slow responding figuring out how to get around on this site never done one of these before lol.. I did take the readings right off the sending units not sure if that will give me inaccurate reading or not but one guy told me that both su's should be 0-90 ohms but I got a new pump and sending unit and its reading same as the old ones.

Have you read this one?

All diesel sending units are 0-90 ohms(actually 1-95), but ALL gas units changed to 40-250 ohms starting in 98+(V6's changed in 97). Sounds like somebody put a diesel sender in your rear tank instead of a gas sender. Also keep in mind 98-02 obs truck gas fuel gauges are run through the PCM, and all obs dual tank trucks use a dual tank balance module to control the transfer pump, and convert 2 senders in to 1 gauge signal. I posted diagrams and service manual scren shots a few years back trying to help somebody else get there 98 dual tank gas gauge working.

Back