• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel cans, jugs. Equipment that sits. Going to try rinsing cans with gas after use

I have been running 90 octane ethanol free in the lawnmowers and boats. For the chain saws and weed eaters I buy the 95 octane 1 gallon cans. I have been doing it like this for about 5 years now and haven’t had to tear into any carburetors or replace any fuel lines yet.

I sure don’t miss rebuilding them little carburetors and changing the lines. Especially the one that fights you going through the tank of the saw or wead eater and then the struggles of adding the filter to it.

I have been running 90 octane ethanol free in the lawnmowers and boats. For the chain saws and weed eaters I buy the 95 octane 1 gallon cans. I have been doing it like this for about 5 years now and haven’t had to tear into any carburetors or replace any fuel lines yet.

I sure don’t miss rebuilding them little carburetors and changing the lines. Especially the one that fights you going through the tank of the saw or wead eater and then the struggles of adding the filter to it.

Yet still people think it’s a good idea to burn that junk in cars and trucks. It’s like- NO! Doesn’t anyone ever see how much better new cars run on real fuel? More power and better mpg. Look into fleets that do the comparison testing- cars run 200-300,000 miles and never need a tune up or injector cleaning vs cleaning and tune ups.
:banghead:

Over here, we are fortunate to be able to get the premium unleaded without that E💩 in it. About 40 cents a gallon more I think is what it is over the price of premium with that E💩 in it.
I’ve never had a problem with the fuel in any of My vehicles, even the cars I burn that E free fuel in.

Back