• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FSD/PMD an experiment

As usual, a clear, concise, detailed, real world experience, that leads to "just about a unchallengable" verdict on the PMD/FSD and how heat effects this necessary evil demon.

In my opinion this thread sould be a "must read" sticky attached to PMD/FSD.

All in favor?
:iagree:

Are Humvees electronic or mechanical? If electronic, are these mounted on the IP on them also? If so, I wonder how they hold up in the heat in Iraq.

HMMWV's are mechanical injection pumps. There are 6.2, 6.5 N/A, and 6.5 Turbo versions of the HMMWV's but all of them have mechanical pumps on them.

there is a guy i know with a 96 6.5 turbo and he remote mounted his PMD to the fender with a heatsink and a computer fan mounted on the heatsink and he ran 2 separate ground wires to it . he said its been there for over 2 years without any trouble ..anyone ever here of this setup

Heard of it, some last there some don't, out of the engine bay on a properly sized heat sink is the location that history has shown to be the most successful location for the FSD to be located

Back