• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front receiver, Finally. [emoji1]

Smart building that rack with the drawbar/ reciever tube so you can tow with it or carry more accessories when in the front. Guessing your going throw bikes on the front?
I would probably have it to flag the front of it so I dont forget it's there and smack something when I park if it is empty- haha.

Smart building that rack with the drawbar/ reciever tube so you can tow with it or carry more accessories when in the front. Guessing your going throw bikes on the front?
I would probably have it to flag the front of it so I dont forget it's there and smack something when I park if it is empty- haha.
The front receiver also works mighty slick for driving boats down a ramp and for parking trailers too.

Yeah, Put front hitches on most of my trucks for that reason. I can back a trailer up alright, but you dont want to wait your turn for me if it is anything other than basic.
After a friend saw mine, he added one to the front of his Yota and now doesn't scrape up his really steep driveway with his boat of razor trailer anymore since the approach angle is good on his truck.

We had the bikes on the front for about and hr, but the truck was running to hot with them there. For some reason the weather went nuts this week and its been 90deg plus this week. [emoji33][emoji27] So we ended up strapping them to the top of my moms pop up. I also need to pull and clean the radiator as well. If not just replace it. Its old and got a lot of dented fins. And its just plain nasty. The rack is great. My buddies brother in law built it for him but it didn't work on his 5th wheel the way he wanted so he said I could have it. [emoji1]

That rack looks sharp! Looks like you will get a lot of use out of it.
Normally we put it in the back and use it as a "deck". But with me pulling the pop up as well the tounge is so low with the rack in the back. So that's why the basket is in the front. I left the tail gate on this time.
750ab49706500419e4161f7b8bd84ffa.jpg

Are you planning on having your recored, getting the one from Leroy, or going all out like Chris with amRon Davis or Griffin?

I plan to have mine redone, but not let them paint it so I can do the thermal disbursement paint that Chris did. Regardless of radiator it makes it work like it is 1/3 larger. Doing the entire stack is really my goal. Better oil cooling and can you say faster cool down from a/c?

Are you planning on having your recored, getting the one from Leroy, or going all out like Chris with amRon Davis or Griffin?

I plan to have mine redone, but not let them paint it so I can do the thermal disbursement paint that Chris did. Regardless of radiator it makes it work like it is 1/3 larger. Doing the entire stack is really my goal. Better oil cooling and can you say faster cool down from a/c?
Contemplated Leroy's. Didn't know recoring was a thing.

What is the disbursement stuff?

Sc trailrider coats pretty much every thing in the heads of his 6.5. He knows what to coat and what to coat it with. He's got the coatings figured out. Next engine I do I'm going to try and get hooked up with him on it. It is worth it if you ever have to get into your engine

Sc trailrider coats pretty much every thing in the heads of his 6.5. He knows what to coat and what to coat it with. He's got the coatings figured out. Next engine I do I'm going to try and get hooked up with him on it. It is worth it if you ever have to get into your engine
I'm thinking when I do my db2 engine swap I will look into that as well. I plan to go through the motor I have before the install any way. :)

off topic, but you can route your heater cord down so it comes out and rests in the bumper hole on the driver side, so it's not flopping around up by your hood and grille. There should be plenty of cord to do so.

Nice build on your hitch - you lost your tow hooks, though - bummer.

off topic, but you can route your heater cord down so it comes out and rests in the bumper hole on the driver side, so it's not flopping around up by your hood and grille. There should be plenty of cord to do so.

Nice build on your hitch - you lost your tow hooks, though - bummer.
I actually like having it up there. [emoji3]

And luckily the bolts were long enough for the hooks. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
6201f812c4161cc1e513547dd8b9a797.jpg

Back