• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front receiver, Finally. [emoji1]

Nosferatu49534

Reaction score
Ive finally gotten around to building a front receiver for the truck. Now I can put either the hitch basket or bike rack upfront and still put either my my moms pop up camper or a car trailer with the Jeep on it, all with the camper in the back. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Its currently cooling off then I'll grab some pictures of it on the truck. Then paint tomorrow. Probably. [emoji51]
ba5a9d2ec85cfe03c2eac8e574b9fbb0.jpg
832ae78cce17f274b02ddf6afe790cac.jpg
ea420f27c7ebe84afd23cafe675f0d9c.jpg
e8a6fda8d3c0d9ca73f700034e6b08cd.jpg
a0ef4d37a170822ce1f8d0b53fcb34f4.jpg
941155fb2aaca7abc363aa4c0e3c2786.jpg
1784f8cafed488239633bb5f3c5b61f4.jpg
f5510f50c36b3ada1fa086d72d17e6e9.jpg
10c7bacf48cc64922df9b3cabb91d402.jpg

I used to use my front hitch several times a year. Sure comes in handy when you need it.

If you are going to use it for winching, get a second layer on the end of the receiver as support. The band around the outside:
IMG_3045.PNG

That is a very nice addition to your truck.
I guess it would not take Me too long to put one together for Mine, i do have plenty of steel setting around and even some receiver tube, both outsside and inside.
Get done with this ford thing then maybe I`ll get started on that project.

That is a very nice addition to your truck.
I guess it would not take Me too long to put one together for Mine, i do have plenty of steel setting around and even some receiver tube, both outsside and inside.
Get done with this ford thing then maybe I`ll get started on that project.
I expected an all day project, as that's usually how thing go for me. But once I started and with having to go and get the receiver tube it was about 3 hrs to cut, mach up, and assemble. I could definitely do it faster now. [emoji3] And I really think I've only got $30-$50 into it.

Last edited:
I expected an all day project, as that's usually how thing go for me. But once I started and with having to go and get the receiver tube it was about 3 hrs to cut, mach up, and assemble. I could definitely do it faster now. [emoji3] And I really think I've only got $30-$50 into it.
That is really good, I always figure anything is going to be two days. LOL
It seems that I have more time than money, any time I can save by building or fabbing, that is what will happen.
Thank You for the insight.

I expected an all day project, as that's usually how thing go for me. But once I started and with having to go and get the receiver tube it was about 3 hrs to cut, mach up, and assemble. I could definitely do it faster now.
emoji3.png
And I really think I've only got $30-$50 into it.

I love it when it works out to save money, have fun making something, and then get to enjoy something that I was able to make. Its like a win win win!

It looks like a very professional job!

Thanks for the pic because it reminded me that I need to start chopping wood for the winter. I should have already started.:banghead:

Back