• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Friends new 2.6 Duramax Puller

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My good friend sold his single cab LMM Duramax last year and has been working on this one all winter.

IMAG1226.jpg

I've got some initial start up videos I'll share once I get them on YouTube.

03 LB7, Full Built motor. Built Allison, 2.6 Turbo. Dual CP3's.. All the "normal" stuff for a truck with kind of power.

Fleece built the weighbox and water/air setup for him this winter. He bought it and started the next weekend improving things so it never made it to the track last season.

We're hoping for a good test pull next weekend, or the first weekend in April. Stay tuned for some videos and pictures!

Picked it up Friday..

IMAG1290.jpg IMAG1291.jpg IMAG1297.jpg

Backed it into the garage and the idler puller went out.

Getting that fixed on Monday, then hopefully squeezing it into the paint shop for the hood, etc..

First pull is Saturday night, March 28th. GoPro's will be ready! :D

The pull got rained out last night, probably a good thing as we noticed anti freeze coming out the back around the motor mount. Thinking it's a freeze plug...

The first pull (that wasn't rained out) was Saturday night. Overall, not a terrible run for the first time..

He forgot to shift into 4th gear, so that's why it feel flat on it's face.

Pretty darn nice pull! Did you vid that with your S6 Jeff? That's damn good resolution at full screen.

Yessir, S6. I had a buddy use my GoPro to record from the track side. I'll upload that in the next couple of days...

Just took a look at my camera settings. I shot that on the "FHD" mode, 1920 x 1080. I have up to a "UHD", which is 3840 x 2160. I may try that next time to see how it turns out.

I still haven't figured out which setting is best for the Go Pro and recording these trucks...

Pull from TS Performance in Franklin, KY yesterday. Finished ok, this is the first time it's been down the track.

He'll get to pull again today to qualify for the finals tonight.

Last edited:
He just can't get the driving part figured out. Had some tough luck today during the qualifying runs. The shop that built it was there and the sled actually let him make a free run after the fact (two attempts with no go) with the shop owner driving it and took it 300ft down the track. He's just got to get use to getting it off the line like it needs to be. Video coming soon.

Shop Owner Driving:

He forgot to shift gears as well...

Back