• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Found cheap tow mirrors finally

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like them. The pass side shakes a bit, gotta do something to fix that. My truck didn't have heated mirrors before. But the fuse and relay were in place, as well as the wiring to the mirrors. I jumped out the relay and they worked, so I put in that hvac control I got from ebay and they work great. When they were just fogged up, I hit the button and they heated up fast enough that I could see the pattern of the elements in the mirrors before it burned off all the fog.

Figure a way to fix them yet? My dad's factory mirrors shake too...it's not just the aftermarket ones.

My factory passenger side mirror did as well. What I noticed is that the mirror wasn't fully glued to the black plastic backing in the upper left hand corner(closet to truck) as well as the left edge and top. I used some glue and resealed them together and it took away most of the vibrations.

It still vibrates, I haven't done anything to try and remedy it.

My passenger mirror is a regular mirror too, I'm wondering if the factory ones are too. It's not a magnifying mirror like most passenger side mirrors. I'm assuming it's just because it's the size of an average bathroom mirror, and they figure you don't need the magnification.

Back