• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Found cheap tow mirrors finally

Sparky8370

Do chickens have large talons
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this because you can get these for all the trucks.

I don't know if you guys remember, but a while back someone posted an ebay seller on diesel place that was selling factory style tow mirrors for $200 shipped. Well, then all of a sudden the guy was getting a ton of orders on them and jacked his price up by like $150. Well, I finally found another guy selling them cheap on ebay.
Here's the link. Hopefully this guy doesn't jack the price up, because I don't have the extra funds right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__01-2001-Chevy-Silverado-Power-Heated-Tow-Towing-Mirror_W0QQitemZ260355414082QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQddiZ2811QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item260355414082&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I just ordered these. Hopefully these aren't like the other cheap ones we here about that vibrate.

Let us know are they are, does this guy offer any for the 06-07 years?

Nice! Let us know what you think. I have been looking at those as well... still scraping funds together for them. In my opinion, I could careless about if they have signals or not. I want the extended view!

He did show them for the later years. I believe they all have the same mount, if Vinnie comes in here he will be able to tell you about the mounts. But I am sure that the connectors are different. So even if they didn't have the ones with the right connector, you could make it work pretty easily.

I have no idea. The ones I ordered were delivered today.............to my old address.:mad: W..T...FUUUUu I haven't lived there in over a year and a half. I even checked what the address was on paypal when I checked out. When the UPS site said it was delivered I looked a little closer at the email I got with the tracking number. Sure enough, my old address. I have no idea how it reverted back, but I made sure the right one was displayed in paypal. I went on there tonight and removed it entirely from my account. I still have several addresses listed and have thought about removing them too. But they are mine or family's addresses so even if something gets sent to them it won't matter.
I think part of the reason it reverted to the wrong address is because it was listed as the home address, and my actual home address was just an additional address on there.

If ya bought on ebay, update that also. just went throught that shipping to somebody in TX
Yeah I did buy them on ebay, I'll check into that.

I received these today, I would have got them yesterday but they got sent to my old address. They were real easy to change. Pop off a cover on the inside>pull out foam>disconnect wire connector>remove three nuts>pull old mirror off>put new mirror on and install nuts>connect wire connector>install foam>snap plastic cover on.
Just a few tips for those that plan on doing this.
1- Put your windows down first to make it easier.
2- After you pull the foam out, put a shop rag in the "pocket" inside so that if you were to drop the a nut in there you won't have to remove door panel to get nut.
3- If you thought #2 wasn't necessary and dropped a nut down there, just remove the front bottom of the door panel. The top section of the door panel is held on by a plastic hook. You can lift up on the panel enough to get this hook out, and your nut is in that pocket.

My truck did not have heated mirrors. I checked the electrical center under the hood. The relay and fuse is there. I removed the relay and jumped it out. Voila, heated mirrors work. It had all the wiring in place already, it was pretty much plug and play. Now I just have to find part number 15054698. It's the hvac control that has the rear defroster button in it. I changed that out with the one in my truck now and it will work like it was intended.

PS If any of you guys read this and want to do the same thing, don't you dare bid against me on that part number. If you see my name in the bidding history, find yourself another auction and don't screw me after I just told you how to make it work. I'm bidding/winning on one right now.

PS If any of you guys read this and want to do the same thing, don't you dare bid against me on that part number. If you see my name in the bidding history, find yourself another auction and don't screw me after I just told you how to make it work. I'm bidding/winning on one right now.

:der:
I'm gonna do it...at the very last second it will be gone. I have a different sn on there so you won't know it was me. :p :hitsthefan:

Pics of the mirrors? quality?...look exactly like factory?

Back