• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Found a nice Burb

Clark20ry

Agent #58 OB-DII A(ALCU)
Reaction score
Ok my wife and I are selling our little VW diesel, can no longer deal with payments. Our goal was to find a Tahoe or Expedition but don't have that kind of cash. So we were going to purchase a '02 Crown Vic cop car with 205K on it for a $1000... My friend has this Burb, '89 1500 gasser 4wd SLT... Its loaded. It has a new engine and needs a tranny which is going in here shortly. So the trans is $400 and the burb $1100 for what he has in it... Its clean... I like it but my wife is not thrilled with either... What do you think..

Burb or cop car..

Attachments

• IMG_20100921_174800.jpg
    IMG_20100921_174800.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20100921_174817.jpg
    IMG_20100921_174817.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10
Expect milage in the 10-14 MPG neighborhood mixed driving, but the old 350 TBI is one reliable engine if taken care of. The 700R4 does pretty good so long as you don't tow in OD with em, and helps out in the milage department. The cop car will get better milage, but the BURB will be alot easier to wrench on if the need arises.

See I think you are correct. The burb will be for the wife, she doesn't do to much driving. Kids to school, Groceries and fun stuff with our girls. Right now my wife is driving my Dmax and it usually gets 18 MPG but with the short trips its down to like 13 or so... We are selling the VW, it gets 42 MPG, anything we do will be more Gas than what we are doing... The engine is new and the tranny will be new in the burb and the Car has 205K on and never been touched. It has been well maintained but still it has a lot of miles... I will probably go with the burb and figure out mileage...

If you get the Burb and she doesn't like it, you pay in the long run no? Just sayin' John...

Its a nice truck, She doesn't like the car either... We cannot afford a new Tahoe or burb.. I think this is a great truck...

Expect milage in the 10-14 MPG neighborhood mixed driving, but the old 350 TBI is one reliable engine if taken care of. The 700R4 does pretty good so long as you don't tow in OD with em, and helps out in the milage department. The cop car will get better milage, but the BURB will be alot easier to wrench on if the need arises.
X2

The TBI also responds purty well to better air intake, and free flowing exhaust. Possible to pick up about 1-1.5 mpg with synthetics and a light foot. And, she'll be a whole lot safer in the burb, and so will the kids. It's cheap insurance. My wife wouldn't have any other vehicle than her Burb.

Well I pulled the trigger, I should get it next week. It does need front brakes... No biggie.. I will post more pics when I pick it up..

When we got our 1989 4x4 Suburban my wife called it the gooney goo goo mobile.
We had conversion vans prior.
She won't drive anything but a Burb now.
I actually prefer that body style to the new ones

Back