• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ford Clevor 302 build

So tell us about Gabe's Mustang? What exactly you up against? B.S. stops at 1/4 mile or top speed on a track s
It appears we will be running Road Atlanta during open track days, time against time, full quarter and eighth mile runs head to head and auto cross. Thats one of the few reasons the Boss will be built, light weight with lightning fast revs. Gabe did ask if I would agree for him to go to Road Atlanta for driving instructions and I did. I certainly don't want to see him wreck that new car.
As far as his car, it is a G T with the performance option, had long tube headers and Ford Performance stage 2 added with a canned tune. Off the showroom it was 435 hp and I forget the tq. numbers. I feel certain it is now close to 465. I know he will take it for a chassis dyno and tune at one of the better speed shops.
On the other hand I will be more deliberate on the mods I make to mine just to wear his a$$ out. I have changed my mind on what car to use. Not going to use the little 88 Stang, found a 2000 ThunderChicken that will work better. I'll pretty much build it like a real racecar. No interior, move firewall and engine aft 4+ inches, coil overs on all corners and all the other good stuff.
Its a little hard for me to think right now, today was Doctor day and that is always a long day. Ill start mapping this thing out tomorrow and will post the spread sheet as I update. This will be a BLAST..
Thanks to everyone thats taken an interest and as usual I need and welcome your advice. Richard

Tires... You have to put the power to the ground not up in smoke.

I am very fond of the Goodyear Eagle® F1 GS-D3™. It's a Summer Only tire that will hook it up and be streetable. It would hook in a wet car wash as I played with their limits in a monsoon rain that was covering the road. Got about 15K miles out of them. You might go with street legal racing slicks.

Snort! a GT... :rolleyes: My Trailblazer SS ate those for lunch in the 1/4. Given the dry high heat out here we were running ~14 second 1/4 miles. Most of it was the bad launch of the GT because they were doing like 102 and I was at 98 MPH, but, I got there first. So what's it got for tires? The OEM's that won't hook? :p (Seriously over 100 degrees out at the strip and it de-rates engines badly.)

So what ratio you running in the rear end? That's where the TBSS was killing the GT's and LS2 GTO's in the 1/4 was with the 4.10 as long as I hooked the launch. Add another gear in the trans to make up for it in the top end? Limits of driveshaft speed maybe lower 1st gear... all playing with the gears. What is the road course top speed?

I wanted to begin my build book last evening but life happens. This double pneumonia has me feeling a little on the low side so I'm not sure if I can start it today.. Richard

Guessing dr has you on cough medicine, but if not-
Honey proved better than any over the counter cough syrup. 1 tablespoon. Sounds like easy to take until you try- I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches but it was tough to do first time.
Prayers for ya.

Well I haven't died yet but I think I would have felt better had I. I haven't been on my tablet but just a few times to read when I couldn't sleep. I want to thank you all for the prayers and best wishes.
On a better note I did find everything I need to build the Clevor we talked about. It ain't going to be cheap I know that much!!! Oh well I have all winter to build it.
Thanks again Gentlemen, Richard.

Well I haven't died yet but I think I would have felt better had I. I haven't been on my tablet but just a few times to read when I couldn't sleep. I want to thank you all for the prayers and best wishes.
On a better note I did find everything I need to build the Clevor we talked about. It ain't going to be cheap I know that much!!! Oh well I have all winter to build it.
Thanks again Gentlemen, Richard.
AH, another fighter "you got my respect" hang in there we old timers can still do it just slower now..............

Back