• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ford 1600 Tractor. what do you guys think ?

I would loose those turfs, if you want to pull a box blad those turfs wont get you anywhere. Watch on ebay, sometimes you can find some guy close who has some nice ag tires on rims cheap.

OK I had a dilema today and didn't have time to post so hopefully I made the right choice. I could have either gotten a 5 ft or 6 ft grader box. The tractor is 5ft wide at the rear tires. I really wanted the 6ft but talking to the guy at Tractor Supply he was thinking with only 22hp , 2wd and turf tires the 6ft would be a bit much. So I went with the 5.

OK So 6 would have been a big mistake. Powerwise I think I'm ok although may have to go slow that's all. This tractor has ridiculous low gearing. Traction maybe the main problem but I'm working on a flat area so worst case I'll get weights and chains.

Calcuim ?
Not sure.

Odds are turf tires wont be filled because the reason for turfs is to not tear up the grass which weight would do. I would put some calcium chloride in them. Its pretty cheap and will help a lot. My 484 had rimguard in the front. its made out of sugar beat juice. Its expensive but wont rust rims if you get a leak. The tubes were falling apart, Im wondering if the juice eats the rubber up.

Probably but I don't like to push something hard that may cost lots to fix later...:)
The 1600 was a Jap engine.

Most tractor engines are build HD, like IH 560, guys crank those up, same with a JD 6030, they really turn the fuel up on them. Im not sure about my 484 but it puts out alot of black smoke so it may be cranked up. I know the wire on teh screw has been cut. The guy I got the 484 from knew a guy with a nusury who had a beat to hell 484 with duels. He said they cranked it way up and would pull a 4 bottom plow all day long and it had over 10,000 hrs when teh hour meter quit working. My 484 has over 14,000 hrs on it.

I would go to tractorshed.com and ask about the 1600, you could probably learn a lot about it that may be helpful some day.

Back