• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ford 1600 Tractor. what do you guys think ?

Nebraska Tractor Test 1228:
Test Date: October 1976
Engine: diesel
PTO power (rated engine speed): 23.0 hp [17.2 kW]
PTO fuel use (engine speed): 1.7 gal/hour [6.4 l/hour]
Drawbar power (max): 18.1 hp [13.5 kW]

2900hrs. it is 24 hp. it was a japanese made tractor. So faf the only bad I have heard it that most parts need to come from Ford$$$$. I got him down to 1700$. It was owned by a municipality and all it ever did was cut grass with a finish mower so it has not been worked IMO. It is strpiied. I am only getting the tractor. No attachemnts. it has turf and field tires on it. 2wd.

On a tractor that small I would definately want 4wd. Especially since you said you want to pull a grader box with it.

The York rake shouln't be any problem. The question is the grader box, and that depends on how hard your ground is and how fast you want to get the job done. I have a 4x4 JD 4300 tractor that is a little bigger and heavier than that Ford and I spin the tires pretty easy when doing any kind of serious ground work. If you add enough wheel weights and take small bites I'm sure the Ford could get the job done.

I've got a '73 Ford 2000 and my opinion of the 1600 is it's a bit small to pull a box over 5' and it probably wouldn't support a 3pt backhoe. It's pretty light. I doubt it will spin bigger than a 5' whirler mower either. It might be a bit too small but you would be the judge of that. $1700 is probably a good price for it though and if you decide to buy it, I have an original operators manual for it and parts may be available through http://www.valu-bilt.com/

OK thanks. The price is right on it. I have a skid steer to smear the stuff around to a rough grade. Lots of rocks though and then want to do the final grading with this. I got the guy selling it down to 1700$. I would love a 4x4 but I simply can't afford one. Time I have.

I've got a '73 Ford 2000 and my opinion of the 1600 is it's a bit small to pull a box over 5' and it probably wouldn't support a 3pt backhoe. It's pretty light. I doubt it will spin bigger than a 5' whirler mower either. It might be a bit too small but you would be the judge of that. $1700 is probably a good price for it though and if you decide to buy it, I have an original operators manual for it and parts may be available through http://www.valu-bilt.com/

I don't have a box yet but 5 ft is what I was looking at. The rake I have is 5 ft.You don't think it would support a small 3 point backhoe if I weighted the front ? Not looking for something big , just to use aorund the yard,. 5 ft mower is plenty. I cut my yard now with a 44 inch.

well here it is. It runs good. Seems to pull a 5 ft rake with no problem.

Attachments

• Ford 1.jpg
    Ford 1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 22
Looks pretty darn good for the price. Sorry to say, but I looked for the manual I told you about and lo and behold, it's a 2600 not 1600. Sorry if I got your hopes up. Enjoy that new chore unit!

Looks pretty darn good for the price. Sorry to say, but I looked for the manual I told you about and lo and behold, it's a 2600 not 1600. Sorry if I got your hopes up. Enjoy that new chore unit!

That's OK. There's a ton of em on Ebay. It runs real nice. I'll be needing it to plant corn etc if the economy gets much worse.
Do have a question though. it seems like it sits low in the back. Is that the way it's supposed to be or does it have the wrong tires on it ?

That's OK. There's a ton of em on Ebay. It runs real nice. I'll be needing it to plant corn etc if the economy gets much worse.
Do have a question though. it seems like it sits low in the back. Is that the way it's supposed to be or does it have the wrong tires on it ?

Id say tires by the looks of it, my 5200 with them turf tires sits like that..

It's not unusual for tractors that are available with both turf and ag tires to use smaller diameter tires when running turfs. If you get a copy of the owners manual, it should indicate what the original tire sizes were. In any case, you might want to keep an eye out for some agricultural tires (R-1) if you are going to use it with ground engaging implements. Much better traction than the turfs. The proper size R-1 tires will probably require a larger diameter rim than your turfs do though.

Back