• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FNG Here. Howdy From MA!

Rocknus

Urban Camouflage
Reaction score
Hi folks. New guy here from Massachusetts. Thanks for the invite from Hummer VS whom I met on my YouTube channel (info in my profile).
I have 3 trucks to share with the group and I'm looking forward to checking the place out and seeing what you guys have posted.

Here's my'86 M1008 CUCV plow truck (secret overlander! - See Youtube video!)
BDU1.jpg
IMG_0215 (2).JPG

Here's my '85 M1028 CUCV when I first got it.
Hank.jpg

And lastly... My pavement Princess, the '20 Power Wagon...
IMG_9964.JPG
IMG_9963.JPG

There are videos about all of these trucks on my channel if anyone is interested.
Peace!
JT

Welcome. Glad to see ya made it here.
I get YouTube videos recommended often, and watched a couple of yours. With some proper info on your video- was hoping to have you enjoy the rest of this 6.2/6.5 crowd here.

Any of You guys here like to see YouTube videos- YouTube he couple of his I saw were good.
Just search “rocknus”

My son has a 2020 Dodge with the cummins.
He got a EZ Link tuner. That tuner sure unleashes some performance. Like going from the black key fob to the red key fob on a Dodge Challenger with the Hell Cat engine.
First time He drove the truck over to show Me, I asked him where the red key fob was. 😹😹😹

Thanks for the welcome, folks.
Appreciate the shoutout, Will L.
Stoney... That's the great thing about the old squarebody trucks... Most everything is interchangeable so if it's a CUCV with a 6.5 you want, it's a CUCV with a 6.5 you shall get!
MrMarty51... He must have a Laramie or something. I wish they made the power Wagon with a Diesel! Apparently it was too heavy for the off-road suspension kit. (Not hating the 6.4 Hemi though, gotta say!)

Thanks for the welcome, folks.
Appreciate the shoutout, Will L.
Stoney... That's the great thing about the old squarebody trucks... Most everything is interchangeable so if it's a CUCV with a 6.5 you want, it's a CUCV with a 6.5 you shall get!
MrMarty51... He must have a Laramie or something. I wish they made the power Wagon with a Diesel! Apparently it was too heavy for the off-road suspension kit. (Not hating the 6.4 Hemi though, gotta say!)
Oh yeah. I forgot, the son did mention that He really wanted the PW but they dont have the Cummins 0A280B9B-9CE1-4AE3-A6C9-2FF00A05C509.jpegCFF9BFAC-CA71-48E1-ABE2-93199793933D.jpegdiesel.
I have a Power Wagon too: it aint a diesel. It is a old Polyhead 318. 1959 vintage.

I'm with Will. I wish to God they would bring back the older body designs..the 90s designs like most of ours are o.k. I guess. I mean at least they still look like a truck. The newer stuff just rubs me wrong. I truck should look big, mean ,intimidating ,sharp edges, not all areodynamic and flashy. I grew up with the square bodies mostly, but on the farm grandpa had trucks dating back to the 40s/50s?.. even a jeep willies (I believe it was) that had the carb on the fire wall..(that one always confused me).
Amazes me that those trucks (like yours) are STILL solid and running to this day but the new ones are in the shop a week after you buy them. Now if there was a crew cab one🤔...lol ..nice to dream.. Wondering what it would cost to get one of the CUCV without a engine in it..

I would live to diesel the old PW, I believe that a 6.5 would fit very nicely under that hood.
I did a total rebuild on the old 318 and it does run very nice. Has good power for pulling too.
I bought this truck in the real early part of the 80s and did the flat bed, old short box was totally shot. Gin poles and an old Belleview 8,000 behind the cab.

Back