• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flow kooler FAIL

Will L.

Reaction score
One of the hummer guys posted pics of his new flow kooler bolted up. Found out his engine was toasted, so didn’t get a lot of time on I guess.
But did post pics. Call them up you say? I quote “I called FlowKooler about it and the representative said that there wasn't anything that they could do about it since they are all cast the same.”

So i think 2 people said no known problems, 4 said they had problems and he had no conclusive decision on the one in the pic.
But think how small material difference it is between the crap ones and the balanced ones. Think how small material difference is the low bs hi output.
And to this day flow kooler still WILL NOT put in writing the gpm or that is will be balanced flow on both sides of the engine once it is installed.

SMH.

NEVER imo.

Here is the thread from there:http://www.hummernetworkforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=739094#739094

DCD855DB-E463-47C8-8B72-41B9EAA04F58.pngD3367C5C-7324-4A4D-9C7D-01C9377431ED.pngFBEC5175-5519-4D66-A1A9-F06458A00117.pngE7680797-6B08-4B4F-89A8-68165B4BE8E2.png

For what it's worth I have seen several Delco pumps that far off...

The biggest thing with the FK pumps is the aluminum pressed on the steel shaft without being pined, there is more of a chance of it spinning on the shaft...

And I can get all the pumps from AMG.... even the HO 4 bolt....

These are in stock ready to ship. With all the cko stuff these are the real deal and new not rebuilt...

OE Water Pump Serpentine CCW 6.5 HO Screw Hub - 270.00
OE Water Pump Serpentine CCW 6.5 HO 4 Bolt Hub - 220.00
OE Water Pump Serpentine CCW 6.2 and 6.5 - 170.00
OE Water Pump V-Belt CW 6.2L - 190.00
New high volume water pump for v-belt 6.2L - 230.00

plus shipping

All are direct from GEP...

Mine seems to be holding up so far. Didn't install myself so I'm not sure of the amount of casting shift, if any.

I installed mine last summer with the same variances. I emailed LeRoy diesel and he said he had not noticed that before.
So far, I have not had any issues. still runs 20-25 degrees cooler than with stock pump and fan.

Confused as it's not clear. It's not "port matched" is the issue? Are there other problems?

That's the only complant I've seen... other than no numbers to back up the claim of more flow, but then Heath never backed any claim up either and still sold parts, so all is well here it seems.

Not one to defend Heath, but, I will give him credit for this article that has the GPM numbers in it. Using that info and other vendor parts like Kennedy Diesel for a low temp fan clutch the cooling system was the least of my concerns. HO water pump 4 bolt, low temp fan clutch, 185 T Stat, 9 blade steel fan, single T-Stat, water wetter. Later Turbo and some of us know other things to keep the heat out in the first place...

Heard my question, we strive to keep our engine cool by using high flow water pumps. And low temp thermostats...
But if I understand correctly the trucks won't do certain things till they teach a certain temp. Like some kind of tranny lock up or something..just seems I remember y'all talking about things happening at certain temps...
Since putting the 170 dual thermostats in and ho pump truck runs really cool. But about the same time I started having other problems I've never figured out..
Not shifting right. Feels like stuck in higher gear at times..etc.
Not sure if related but happened about the same time

Are all the comments about related transmission issues on automatics? I have the NV4500 5 speed in mine.

Installed a FlowKooler pump on my friend's CUCV a couple of weeks ago. Had about the same shift as shown in those pictures. I suggested port matching it, but he was to eager to get it back together.

I have 2 more FlowKoolers on their way for my K1500 and the Optimizer for my CUCV. If they have that much shift, they probably will, I will try to port match them.

Wondering if it's possible to hook 1 side of the pump to a reservoir and the other side to a flow sensor? Can make or use an old backing plate to attach hose pillars to I guess. Would need something to make it spin and a sensor to read RPM? Would be interesting to see some numbers...

@Twisted Steel Performance: I can't access your site? I remember trying months ago as well. I do have problems accessing other sites from the USA, but my VPN allows me to visit those, not yours. I've seen some stuff of yours I might be interested in in the future...

Back