• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First db2 6.5 questions

There is a tool you can exactly mark the timing cover with if you want to be that exact. Bjt really you get the inductive pickup tool and an old school timing light. That mark only works when it is a brand new perfect timing chain. But long term you should have the timing light to get it more accurate anyways.

Interesting idea about the gasser pickups. I am not sure - but imagine a custom cable made for it would make it work.

Finally found the time almost 11 months later to get this truck going. Pulled the bed and checked the tank for contaminated fuel and a clogged screen. Safe to say the screen was the problem. Pulled the transmission and replaced the rear main, flywheel, every single clutch related component and a new starter. Turned the db2 up 1/4 turn and made a homemade turbo master set to 12 lbs. I have 2 ltz lmm Duramax Silverados that I haven't driven in over a week, something about an old 6.5 just brings me joy. Thanks for the help everyone!

Attachments

• 20221016_175156.jpg
    20221016_175156.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 0
Hoping you added a spin on filter outside the tank after removing it he screen.
I did not but I was wondering if I should. That is something I forgot to add in my post. Any recommendations? Amazon has quite a few fuel water separators and fuel filter assemblies. Most of the spin on filter assemblies have a 1 in threaded fitting for like a tank transfer pump. Before the LP makes the most sense to me. I suppose I could just cut the metal hard lines and splice in rubber hose to a filter assembly?

Last edited:
That is what I did, only when I cut the metal line, I installed a steel inline filter there with a couple of short pieces of hose and clamps. then mounted a filter with a clear bowl under the hood on the firewall. I was afraid of having a filter mounted under the truck that could possibly get hit by something and end up emptying my tank.

I found that it will slowly siphon the tank when disconnected or leaking before the LP.

Of Course I eliminated the FFM and went with the spin on water separator on the firewall. you might not be able to do that depending on your climate especially in the winter time!

This is the filter I used. it has a extra port for a universal water sensor if you so choose to install one.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back