• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

firefox

Browsers, yeah I have to use EI at work to load Work related pages but other then that anything but EI. Started out with Netscape Tried the others but didn't like them. then Firefox came along and I've been using it ever since. Can't wait until the Firefox 3 is out. :cornut:

Browsers, yeah I have to use EI at work to load Work related pages but other then that anything but EI. Started out with Netscape Tried the others but didn't like them. then Firefox came along and I've been using it ever since. Can't wait until the Firefox 3 is out. :cornut:

I forgot to mention an addon that might help you... IE Tab for firefox 2 (not sure about 3). It puts a little button in the lower right hand corner to switch the current tab to be rendered by Internet Explorer.. might save you from switching to IE. Use it on firefox portable if you can't install firefox at work

I forgot to mention an addon that might help you... IE Tab for firefox 2 (not sure about 3). It puts a little button in the lower right hand corner to switch the current tab to be rendered by Internet Explorer.. might save you from switching to IE. Use it on firefox portable if you can't install firefox at work

im using firefox 3 anf it has a the tabs on it, i really like firefox 3 better than 2!!

Yeah that IE tab for Firefox is great. Let's see I have three rows of tabs open right now. Lots of browsing to do. Also use Portable Apps on a USB drive at work. It has Firefox and all the stuff I need to work on any PC in the building and it all stays on the USB drive. Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice, Media players :thumbsup: No need to lug around the laptop now.

I use firefox as well. About the only problem I experience from time to time if there is music on a site I can't hear it with firefox. Doesn't happen all the time. If I switch over to IE the music is there. I figure it's something I could probably fix if I knew what the hell I was doing.:idea:

P.S. Thanks for adding this section. Should be able to get some good info from you computer pros.

Last edited:
I also use it. IE was causing so many problems on my system.

I would crash IE within 15 mins of starting. Firefox maybe one a week. no I'm not had on the puter at all.:lol: I remember a pic/joke that someone sent me with a pic of the titanic and under is said what do you want to sink today and microsofts logo.

Firefox 3 is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, June 17. This will be better as Beta's are usually a try it and see thing.
The Beta's were working much better than the last final, but they are a work in progress.

Firefox 3 is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, June 17. This will be better as Beta's are usually a try it and see thing.
The Beta's were working much better than the last final, but they are a work in progress.

im am beta testing firefox 3 write now, have been for about 4 months, ive had a few bugs/problems but they have worked them out, the final version is gonna be pretty much obsolete

im am beta testing firefox 3 write now, have been for about 4 months, ive had a few bugs/problems but they have worked them out, the final version is gonna be pretty much obsolete

Uh, whaddya mean, "pretty much obsolete", Matt?

Is there something new coming out that is a generational leapfrog in this arena?

Uh, whaddya mean, "pretty much obsolete", Matt?

Is there something new coming out that is a generational leapfrog in this arena?

they let me use the beta version of FF3 i have to e-mail them every week about bugs, glitches etc...and before the final release there adding more "add on's" just for FF3 it is way more better than explore, and safari, but i like FF3 because it is very user friendly

Back