• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

firefox

give Safari a shot. quicker than firefox, IE and opera and more stable to boot.

I do...on all the puters in the house for the family too. I try to hide IE so they have to use Firefox.

Did the very same thing on the home and all the office computers. Had to threaten a few people at work that insisted on using IE!! Much faster and very few problems compared to IE. Might have to check out this "Safari" thing.

Only Firefox here for all my computers. I tried Safari a while back and didn't like it. Just my opinion.

well, tried that safari i didn't like it at all! so went with Firefox i like it a hole lot better! and i got spell checker now!

well, tried that safari i didn't like it at all! so went with Firefox i like it a hole lot better! and i got spell checker now!

everything else just doesn't seem right to me. but then again i've been using Safari for so long (comes with macs)

Try the new Beta...it's even better yet. And while you're at it, get Mozilla Backup...great little program for the browser and if you use their mail program (Thunderbird).

Try the new Beta...it's even better yet. And while you're at it, get Mozilla Backup...great little program for the browser and if you use their mail program (Thunderbird).

Thanks for the tip Ozzie. Seems like every couple of years my email crashes and I sure hate losing the crap I've got saved there......

We have PC's and Mac's at work. Those with Mac's only use Firefox because they say it is better than Safari.

Me and the PC? I have used Firefox since it came out. Love being able to customize it. Like modding the Dmax :cheers2:

I only use IE on pages that refuse to follow international standards and will not load. Then I follow up with an email to enlighten them about how many potential customers they are turning away because they are unable to see their web page.

My kids curse IE. They use Firefox at home and really know how to use all the add ons. They have school issued laptops which they can only use IE. The laptops are configured so the students can not install programs. Well sort of. Dear old Dad has a work around and my kids use Firefox at school. :thumbsup: My daughter was in class and the web page would not load they were all supposed to work off of. Except hers......teacher went crazy :wtf: trying to figure out how my daughter was the only one in the class that could do the assignment. :smilielol5:

We use both - Firefox has nice custom features - easier to block advertisements but it doesn't work with some things IE does - and it loads slower on start up - after it's going I haven't noticed any speed differences between the two.

i tried the new beta, i really like it!

Firefox wins hands down... i wouldn't do too much with safari, since it's really new to windows. Worst part about firefox 2 is it uses quite a bit of memory, but once firefox 3 is officially out it'll be a lot better. BTW click on Tools -> Add-ons -> get extensions to make firefox even better! Highly suggested: Download Statusbar, Forecastfox, Download Helper, Tab Mix Plus, and Nuke Anything Enhanced

Firefox wins hands down... i wouldn't do too much with safari, since it's really new to windows. Worst part about firefox 2 is it uses quite a bit of memory, but once firefox 3 is officially out it'll be a lot better. BTW click on Tools -> Add-ons -> get extensions to make firefox even better! Highly suggested: Download Statusbar, Forecastfox, Download Helper, Tab Mix Plus, and Nuke Anything Enhanced

very true! i downloaded the firefox 3 beta, and i really like it compared to the firefox 2

I use firefox on my laptop and in the office. It's much better than IE. Safari comes on my phone so that's what I use there to surf. I also prefer it when I am on the mac too. But I wasn't crazy about the first shot at safari for PC- maybe I should try it again.

Firefox on my PC, IE can lick my....

Camino (mozilla based) on my mac, I think it's faster and nicer than Firefox or Safari.

Back