• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

finally scored a diesel Suburban!

Mine came with 225/75/15 tires, and I am really happy with the width and height of some 235/75/17 Michelins on aftermarket alloy wheels. Although that just puts me closer to what most people get for stock width and height. Although looks wise, the 245/70/17 tires I had tried first looked maybe a bit more manly.

The 235/85/16 should be about 31.5" tall.

View attachment 24480View attachment 24481View attachment 24482wish Id taken some before pics of the carpet. looked like someone spilled coffee every morning for years and never once cleaned it up. Didnt think it would come clean but it did. 2 vanilla scented little trees and its starting to not smell like an ashtray anymore. Need to get a razor scraper to remove some stickers off the glass. Is it just me or does the back glass look mirrored? Usually subs have dark tinted glass, these dont look like actual aftermarket mirror tint, but they do look more mirrored than factory tint usually looks.

If you place anything in the dash cup holder, it will eventually splash out, even travel mugs with lids. Just the way it is with these trucks.

If you place anything in the dash cup holder, it will eventually splash out, even travel mugs with lids. Just the way it is with these trucks.

Yep, I always take 2-3 paper towels and create a little 'nest' for the ice-coffee cup (Re-used everyday of course). The splashes get caught by the paper towels, most of them anyhow.

Of course there is the also well trained hand, that lifts the cup up when rough roads or bumpy spots are about to be crossed!

Still makes for nasty vents............... the Dishwasher Idea of 88GMC is ideal!

I like the tailgate better than the barn doors for looks and the barn doors better for function.

my vote? stock suspension and body height, and 235/85R16s on 01-10? HD 16 inch alloys! keep it a tad low for easy in and out. I agree, subs dont look nearly as cool with big rubber and a lift like trucks do.

she is shaping up nicely! for the price you scored it at, it makes me feel foolish with my blown engine equipped one for 1100!

are you still getting rid of the dually, or will you be having a matched set of black 6.5 rigs?

I like the tailgate better than the barn doors for looks and the barn doors better for function.
couldnt agree more.
I dont have the same cup holders you guys are talking about (unless I havent found them yet)], my 97 does and they do make a mess. these are in the center console, I like them, little closer to hand and easier to clean up if it spills.
I'm thinking about 235/85s too, big enough to look good without having to lift it or worry about flares. Keeping the 245s for now, two fronts are like new, rears are ok. Got my new rims yesterday, they look like brand new! I love these wheels, my favorite factory style ever. Almost certain my old sub centercaps are going to work, too. Here's a pic of two of them.

dieselsub11.jpg

couldnt agree more.
I dont have the same cup holders you guys are talking about (unless I havent found them yet)], my 97 does and they do make a mess. these are in the center console, I like them, little closer to hand and easier to clean up if it spills.
I'm thinking about 235/85s too, big enough to look good without having to lift it or worry about flares. Keeping the 245s for now, two fronts are like new, rears are ok. Got my new rims yesterday, they look like brand new! I love these wheels, my favorite factory style ever. Almost certain my old sub centercaps are going to work, too. Here's a pic of two of them.

View attachment 24594

The PYO rims look cool, but the plastic center caps held in by plastic lug nuts are lame. I've seen people crack this type of rim by over torquing the lug nuts. People say the PYOs are made by Alcoa and they're forged. Then again, I read elsewhere they're made in Poland.

I like the old school forged Alcoas with real lug nuts and center caps. I picked up two sets with tires and one set is soon to go on the '99, the second set is split as spares for the son and I. Just waiting til the wear bars show through on the rear tires before I scrap them.

Last edited:
couldnt agree more.

View attachment 24594

Im running the exact set up you want to run (new rims old caps) The old caps will not fit using the old plastic lug nut caps. I had to swap them for the new style caps lug nut covers. Will work just fine after that. You should be able to get just the lug nut covers for cheap somewhere Ebay, google.......

I like the Alcoa rims which are forged:
attachment.php

The set on the left will soon be going on the '99:
IMG_0264.jpg

Heer's a link to an instance where over tightening cracked two PYOs:
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/vehicles/281790-chevy-3-4-ton-wheels-see-pic-description.html

Chevy 3/4 ton wheels (see pic and description)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need a set of wheels for my 3/4 ton chevy pickup... One of the asshats at American Tire overtightened the lugs and cracked two of my aluminum rims... I want to replace them with these stock GM aluminum wheels... Wheels need to have the center caps as pictured.. Not interested in any aftermarket wheels.. Wheels and caps need to be in good shape..
Attached Images

Last edited:
Patrick, I like how they look with the truck centercaps, maybe I'll do that if mine dont work out. I'll try to get the right lugnut covers first probably. I don't mind those Alcoas -except- they look like a factory Ford wheel. I know I've seen that exact style on Fords, and while they look nice enough, nothing Ford will ever go on one of my trucks. I just love the PYO style, always have. Mine say Superior on them, didn't know Superior Wheel made them for GM but that's what it looks like.
IDK how much you'd have to overtighten them to crack them, but I use torque sticks or a torque wrench myself. Must be reasonably strong, if they put them on HD trucks and theres a few million of them out there working. Anything that can be broken will be broken by somebody.

couldnt agree more.

View attachment 24594

What is the offset on these wheels? Could be just a depth percetion thing, but seems like it has some positve offset and will set into the wheel well quite a bit. Looks like more offset than other wheels pictured. Alright for narrow tires, but not good for wide ones like 265+

The PYO's are 16 x 6, they work fine, I run them in the summer with 265's with no prob. Also run 17" hummer wheels with PYO caps, which require a 1 1/3 or 2" spacer on the rear.

Somebody mentioned the AC compressor earlier? I can hear it making noise, and it doesn't work. Doesn't engage the clutch or anything when you turn it on. Compressor time?

Im running 285-75-16 Nitto Grapplers on mine, installed a 2inch block lift in the rear to level it out. I wanted to go with an aggressive look but i do use my burb for road trips and the Nitto's offer a very smooth ride
2emo744.jpg

ra7mz8.jpg

2nbczua.jpg

everybody has there own preference

illville, good looking truck and good looking neighborhood. Plate looks like Washington?? How do you like those headlights? HID's?
Is that a 94?

Back