• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fiat Ram Recall

MrMarty51

Reaction score
Seen on news ticker at bottom of screen, OAN channel i think.
Looked it up online. Ram trucks from 2012 to present could have a problem with wheels falling off.

Ferd did the same thing with their early SuperDuty but in the opposite direction. Original lug torque spec was too low, so they did a mail recall which notified to ignore the owner's manual and use a higher number.

The recall process was not the best I had seen as shortly after I got my recall notice in the mail, I dropped off the truck for some warranty work and to do a tire rotation. I aske the dealership mechanic to hand torque to the new spec and got push-back that the correct torque was lower (the old spec) along with the 'your-are-a-dumb-owner' look. Mechanic quickly developed the 'I-am-an-idiot' look when I showed him the official Ferd letterhead with the new spec.

Oh, and I am not sure which is worse, a heavy duty Ram randomly losing its rear wheels, or a DMax / Ferd randomly blowing-out its entire fuel system when the CP4 explodes. Seems that the Ram's are better off with no known reports.

Yeah, really hilarious that it is that torque sensitive. Plain ol acorn style lug nuts from 1910 or so... grandma got them snug and they hold. Young driver with 4 way gets them on about ‘so much’ on the side of the road - and they hold. Pro mechanics across the country uses an air impact and gives 3 ‘uga-dugas’ of power - and they hold. Newbie kid at tire shop almost spins thetruck in circles be impact tightens them so much, and they hold.

Someone needs a good lawyer to sue them for not properly equipping the truck with a torque wrench next to the spare tire...

A feller I know, had aluminum wheels on a 65 Ford 1/2 ton.
He kept noticing someone apparently stealing his lug nuts and loosening the rest of them. 😹😹😹
I asked him if He ever retorqued them lug nutz ? Looked up the spec, handed him one of my torque wrenches, he went out and torqued them all down, they was all loose. After about 50 miles he torqued them again and got a little more turn. Told him to try again in a hundred. They was all good then, and, for some reason, people quit stealing his lug nuts. 😹😹😹

Oh, and I am not sure which is worse, a heavy duty Ram randomly losing its rear wheels, or a DMax / Ferd randomly blowing-out its entire fuel system when the CP4 explodes. Seems that the Ram's are better off with no known reports.

FCA RAM Cummins was NOT going to miss out on the CP4 party. Many ~7000 mile new 2019-2020 trucks sitting around with a CP4 grenade gone off, waiting on pandemic delayed parts, till they become Lemon Law buyback eligible. RAM not only revised the CP4 once, but, went back to a CP3 for 2021 using a CP4 in just two model years. Not sure if "ignorance" or "Gross Negligence" would be the better term for FCA RAM Cummins using it for 2 years on the 6.7.

I wonder which pump My sons 3500 Ram got. It was one of the last units off the line in 2020, I think it was labeled as a 2020.

Nope, He said it is a 2019. 😩

Is he still able to get or has a MOPAR extended warranty on it?

Resale values are very high now. :angelic:

I looked long and hard at a 2020 and doing the $2700 for a no tune CP3 conversion. (Even considered a 2020 Duramax 3500 because of the no CP4.) Warranty then is "interesting". It's a hard choice when the legends are having trouble with bottom end engine failures on this new design. Be real careful to use the new lighter weight oil that is specified for the 2019+ 6.7's.

Is he still able to get or has a MOPAR extended warranty on it?

Resale values are very high now. :angelic:

I looked long and hard at a 2020 and doing the $2700 for a no tune CP3 conversion. (Even considered a 2020 Duramax 3500 because of the no CP4.) Warranty then is "interesting". It's a hard choice when the legends are having trouble with bottom end engine failures on this new design. Be real careful to use the new lighter weight oil that is specified for the 2019+ 6.7's.

Yuppers, he got the extended warranty, and, when we changed oil in it he went with the recommended Shell Rotella T 5-40 T-6 oil. Changed fuel filters too.

Back