• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Favorite Thanksgiving Food?

Favorite Thanksgiving Food?

• Turkey

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Other Meat (Do tell!)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Dressing

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Mashed Potatoes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Sweet Potatoes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Cornbread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bread/Rolls

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Relishes

• Cranberry Sauce

• Pumpkin Pie

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Other Pie (do tell)!

• Other/Family Specialty

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Ed HD

Formerly: Dad's 05 LLY
Reaction score
What's your favorite food served on Thanksgiving?

I love the turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes. My mom makes the best homemade mashed. Her trick is to re-use the potato water and add it back instead of adding fresh water. Something about it is different/better. So good!

Turkey fresh from the local turkey farm, stuffing from my own recipe, mashed home grown Pontiac Red potatoes, plenty of Karla's gravy homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I HATE sweet potatoes... YUK!
I like the Thanksgiving holiday. No pressure except to enjoy and give thanks. Not like all the crazy "everything must be just so" ones full of obligations. But really, every day is a gift given to you. What you do with that gift is up to you.

Oh Yea!! Thanksgiving is great. Family enjoyment good food and camaraderie.:D

Turkey has been my family's main course of choice for Thanksgiving as long as I can remember. Stuffing is the same bread and poultry seasoning, onion, eggs, and whatever that it has always been but instead of stuffing the bird we make it into muffins. Relish tray and a mixed nut bowl to pass around while waiting to be called to the table. I use to really dislike bake yams/sweet potatos:( but they have really grown on me the last 10 years or so. Mashed potatos, homemade from real potatos, some of the potato water from boiling them in, milk, and butter.

Crapola, I have to wait until Thursday for this meal. :eek:

I have my whole family over for Thanksgiving. We do the traditional Thanksgiving. Turkey (Usually a frozen turkey), homemade stuffing, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, fresh cranberry sauce, swiss peas, green bean caserole, and much more. Nuts, relish trays, dates stuffed with cream cheese and rolled in sugar(the best!), and I'm sure a few others.

But for all of you sweet potato haters, my wife makes the absolute best sweet potato casserole. It is topped with melted marshmellows and brown sugar, but it is the best. Maybe you guys should consider a recipe change?

For desert Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Cream Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Carrot Cake and a few others. ;)

Home made Macaroni and Cheese! I save it for dessert. Wife does a good sausage & mushroom stuffing. I like a meat and three sides meal and thanksgiving is about the best. Hands down the best holiday. Ham is a great second meat as it makes a better leftover for breakfast.

The smoked ham is my favorite part. I do a MEAN smoked ham, and have a hard time stopping at just 1 pound of the stuff.

Deep fried turkey with dressing. Nothing like it..

Doing a brisket in the smoker this year. 200-220* for close to 12 hours, going in tomorrow night.

And no sweet potatoes or pecan pie for me either. Pumpkin pie with a good homemade shortening crust please.

Very Thinly sliced eye of round fried whole in a dutch oven till crispy on the outside and blue rare on the inside .
Home fried or Cooked taters and fried asparagus.
Everything topped with the unaltered juices/gravy from the meat.

There won't be any room for pie afterwards,..it would taste like cardboard after such delicious meal anyway.:agreed:

I don't care for turkey and even less for the stuffing and Ham is usually way to salty to my liking.

^^Think I'm headin to Simons house. Sounds good!

First, hope everyone has a good thanksgiving meal. Even if it's a carryout pizza.

Anything but sweet potatoes or yams... Anything. Sorry to be a hater. I've tried all sorts of versions.

A little smoked bird, honey baked spiral cut pig, fresh mashers, green beans, deviled eggs, stuffing with sage and celery, beautiful gravy, aahh can smell it now.

And of course the best dessert in the world Dutch apple pie.

Instead of football, I'll probably be in the garage most likely taking a nap. Lol.

This year we are going to my brother in laws for his cajun injected turkey deep fried..... mouth is watering just thinking about it. I really love it all... the rolls, the potatoes, the stuffing.... all good. And the relaxation and fellowship with family.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Back