• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farm shop fire - scrambling -CJ3A / isuzu 1.8 install help.

Raven6

Reaction score
Lost most everything but my CJ3A, and three isuzu 1.8 engines that all at least turn over. One is for my house generator, the other two are
spares, that might need to be two to make one. Would like to find someone who can assist in the T90 / Willys L134 Bell housing match up.
Keeping the clutch which is frame mounted and a rod There are lot of Isuzu installed in any number of types of equipment, while at 80 years and counting, I am having trouble locating helpful materials. Because of Insurance and building costs I am probably insane, but the little isuzu 1.8 is enough to pull equipment on my hilly ground. Supposedly the clutch and pressure plates are the same size, and the T 90 has both short and long shafts, making for some tiny bit of ease.
Lifting my tractor rear wheel on my slopes is not a long term plan. Any advise other than it cannot be done would be most appreciated.
LT Robert Powell
Oregon City, Oregon

Welcome to thetruckstop Raven6.
I am making a guess that that is You military assigned call letters, Raven6.
Thank You very much for Your service.
I can be of no assistance on the engine swap that You are wanting to perform, just sending You a greeting.

welcome and thanks for your service.

I own a 43 Willy’s, have multiple spare drivetrain parts saved up for just in case moments. Can you go into detail more what ya need about the bell housing?
I believe it is T90 in mine.

That is correct - thank you for the greeting.
Welcome to thetruckstop Raven6.
I am making a guess that that is You military assigned call letters, Raven6.
Thank You very much for Your service.
I can be of no assistance on the engine swap that You are wanting to perform, just sending You a greeting.

I own a 43 Willy’s, have multiple spare drivetrain parts saved up for just in case moments. Can you go into detail more what ya need about the bell housing?

Thank you for engaging in conversation. Since you are aware of the rod clutch issues and all the main issues, I have the utmost desire to ( with my limitations, ) keep the T90 to L134 bell housing. If isuzu for some reason made a bell housing for the 1.8 Isuzu to T90, it would include all the clutch anomalies. I have three engines in storage, all 1.8 diesels. They are not here, so I had or have time to try and engineer the T90 to Willys bell housing, supposedly the discs are the same and diagram plate but I am having trouble as I have no
isuzu rear engine schematic, to match to the engine. I had a 46 that burned when my shop went up. Your kind engagement, is most welcome, and I believe I am just in need of waiting for the engines to get here. Fabricating a plate is what I am hoping for, as the T(90) had a short and long input shaft availability. I thank you for your kindness, and support. Hope that made sense.

My sons 1962 or 3 or what it is IH Scout.
I dont remember what was about the clutch slave to fork pushrod, seems it was a solid shaft.
I dont remember what I used or how I did it but I made an adjustable push rod for it.
Installed that and made a couple adjustment and the clutch then worked as it should.

Interesting, as the clutch is pushrod. If I can make a plate Engine to bell housing, and redrill the pressure plate to take the
diaphragm and plate from willys, it solves my spline issues, and possibly distance as well. Thank you. My biggest hurdle is getting the engines out of storage. As well, another fine gentleman noted some scouts used the same trans & transfer case. Be well, thank you,
and all here.

Raven6, I think I know what your wanting to do. Your best bet is by contacting the folks at Advance Adapters and see if they have the T-90 to the engine your planning to use. Then you can still use the bell housing and components for your trans. They will be the only ones that have the parts for your transfer case as well. Try them and see if they have what your needing. https://www.advanceadapters.com/

Back