• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fan motor does not work on high, red wire gets hot

Ted Reminder

Reaction score
Fan motor didn't work on high, unless I pushed the plug on the resistors sideways. Contact on the big red wire to resistor pack looks a little burned, and that wire gets a little hot?
Thinking about replacing resistor pack and cleaning plug contacts on harness plug?
Any other ideas?
Oh, this is the 06 Silverado

I don't know if it's the same, but I just had to replace the plug and resistor in an 05 for this same problem. The resistor was only $30, but the plug was $90.

GM burns up blower motor wires all the time. Even my 2007 Trailblazer had this issue under warranty. So did my 1995...

Recalls only exist on "safety" issues. Seat belts breaking during accidents (Traverse, etc), Throttle Pedals sticking open, tailgate straps breaking under load (01-03 Trucks), that kind of stuff. They won't recall something they can make money off of, lol.

Recalls only exist on "safety" issues. Seat belts breaking during accidents (Traverse, etc), Throttle Pedals sticking open, tailgate straps breaking under load (01-03 Trucks), that kind of stuff. They won't recall something they can make money off of, lol.

If enough of them give out, OR if one was to melt the harness they would recall it. Otherwise it is a money maker, ESPESCIALLY considering what they charge for the stupid plug.

Back