• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Factory Reman Ds4 IP

scottm

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the factory reman IP, part number 19209059? Gmpartsdirect has it for $811 with $70 core. Or is a new one for around $1200 a better bet?

Less than 300 more for new- I would get the new one and Craigslist or eBay yours for $75-100. Cheap insurance for the most hated engine failure problem IMO. Try calling them up and negotiating some free shipping maybe- ya never know...

problem with remans is you don't know condition of head and rotor. It can test good but still have a much shorter life span

$1,200 for new seems a little suspicious (significantly lower than what I paid ~18 months ago). But if is legit, my vote is buying the new unit is a no-brainer. One thing to check is whether the new unit is NOS, or more specifically whether it has the new internals for ULSD; if not, just stock up on lubricant.

I had a rebuilt from a reputable shop go bad in under 5K miles, so am now alergic to them.

Back