• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Factory Foglights??

mangus580

Reaction score
Was looking through LMC tonight, and came across a fog light listing... Says its for the 1999-2000 Tahoe Limited/Z71. Seems they used the diesel bumper, and put fog lights in it!

Moral of the story. LMC carries a direct bolt in fog light for the nostrils. Any thoughts on this? I want to add fog lights to our burbs... just not sure this is how I want to do it.

m4AKQ_600450.jpg

I've never seen a chrome one on those. You could add fogs no problem, some will say you would be blocking air flow, but I think you would be fine. I had a Escalade front end on my 93 and never had a cooling issue. I don't tow heavy though.

I've never seen a chrome one on those. You could add fogs no problem, some will say you would be blocking air flow, but I think you would be fine. I had a Escalade front end on my 93 and never had a cooling issue. I don't tow heavy though.

Painted only is correct. GM never put a chome bumper with the intake holes on anything but a diesel. As for the airflow, I personally wouldnt be putting lights in them because of the airflow issue. Just my opinion, not saying it causes problems, I just like all the air I can get

There are also OEM foglights for the airdam below the bumper. LMC carry them also, but you'll need a new aridam AND you'll have to remove the front tow hooks !

Have a look here :

lights :
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=147

air dam :
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=72

Cu,
Sven

I have a feeling not many trucks/suburbans came factory equiped with those. They are not easy to find at all. And at that price, i decided to go aftermarket, but I really hated the blue ones everyone else seems to have. I found a set of thin rectangular white ones at autozone for about $20 I think. They are about 2" X 5". As for function, they suck, but I like the look. Plus they make for perfect work lights when hooking up the snowplow in the dark! They mount nice and tight up to the bumper so I dont worry about ripping them off. The picture looks funny, but the lights match the same color as the factory headlights.

DSC00282.jpg

not to be argumentative, but GM did occasionally put chrome bumpers with holes on non-diesels. Seen a couple myself, and once I spoke to the owner who had no idea what I was talking about, said he bought it new and it came like that. Was a 2500 ld 6 lug rclb 350 gas. Also had black fender flares on a white truck, which also came that way, according to him.

there are a couple of those bumper holed tahoes running around here. thought it was a 6.5 at first but then i rolled up next to it and it didnt rattle.

I'm not a fan of the nostril hole lights, some surmise loss of airflow, which is one detractor, but when I do maintenance I sure would miss the built in maintenace steps GM provided us 6.5ers with, when I went with the Buckstop http://www.buckstop.biz/Images/chevygm/pre99/BlackCls015_l.jpg on mine, my son's 90 4.3L gasser C1500 inherited the old 6.5 bumper, which gave it extra maint. access

I know what you mean TD... previous owner put some round foglights there on my 95... I like the concept just because I hate the look of fog lights hanging below the bumper. Although I am looking for a brush guard for the 95 which could have a set on it...

Back