• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

F350 with a 6.6 Brazilian

thumper_65590

Reaction score
Hello everyone, been registered for a while, but this is my first post. I have a 95 F350 Crew Cab that the PO swapped in a 6.6 Brazilian with a 545 Allison and a 7041 Spicer. Anyway, I have a few questions. 1st off, has anyone turned these up, and if so, how much? 2nd, would a 643 Allison be a better transmission? I have to redue the driveline and build some new crossmembers, so if the 643 would be better, now is the time. Let me know what you think and thanks, William.

Welcome to TTS!

Interesting powertrain setup. Given the 6.6's power range, can see why the Spicer was added. PO might have pulled the entire powertrain from a dump truck and dropped it into the pickup. Am also a little surprised that there is not much information on the motor seeing as it apparently was in use for a while, durable, and in production until around 1990. Also, it looks like RockAuto (a site vendor) still stocks some parts for it.

Saw some chatter on PSA, so might want to start a thread over there.

Back