• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

F250 Throttle Issues

Blueburby1

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my sisters 01 7.3l F250.

Just finished replacing positive Cable assembly and batteries, but I'm getting intermittent throttle drop. as in I can drive along and suddenly the pedal stops responding entirely, and sometimes but not always the SES flashes when this happens.

I can't pull codes cause of an issue with the OBD Port, which I need to ALSO figure out :/

any one ever have these issues?

I had one do that,ended up adjusting,and cleaning, the switch under the throttle peddle. It is no longer available from Ford.

The one I worked on had a switch and a throttle position sensor. Prior to adjusting the switch it would have no throttle when cold,just idle. If I didn't have it set close enough it would also randomly loose throttle while driving.

Found the APP through Dorman. I'll try and fix the OBD Port first, hopefully the code confirms suspicions on APP issue, and then I can just replace the APP. Makes sense though, while I was driving I was thinking in my head it was a throttle sensor issue.

heh...idles fine...doesn't wanna come OFF idle :p:

Sometimes when the 7.3L senses a problem with the ICP(injector control pressure, or high pressure oil system), it will default to idle or limp mode. So make sure what the code is before you do anything to it.

I was hoping to be able to fiddle with it today but we got snow instead :/ so I've gotta finishing getting the winch ready on my truck instead

:/ = a. skeptical, b.annoyed, c.undecided, d.uneasy, e.hesitant...

so which is it?

a.:skep: b.:irked: c. :dunno: d.:ugh: e.:errr:

haha Pepp....Annoyed....but confused could be substituted after trying to decipher your post :p:
Would that be -> :tongue1: cause we don't have this ->
tongue.gif

you gotta relearn your emoticon codes :twak:

Back