• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Expanding your sections

What would you guys like to see...?

• Total voters
I agree with jason and rcpullerdude- One section that covers 88-99 chassis, body, elec, drivetrain. Next section- 6.5 engine and attached accessories.

FYI, I dont move any threads out of this section. Even on the old site, we never moved anything out of the 6.5 land. Whatever was posted in there we let fly. Here, its no different. In fact, I just moved a thread in here that TD (Tim) was the first to respond to for better replies. The thread was in intro's and had sat there for nearly a week with no replies. I moved it here and within 1 hour, people were all over it. I completely understand you guys wanting body type sections and thats fine.

I can add it to the poll if you guys like.

Or how about GM XX generation trucks/components?

1- This site is way better than the other one, less stuff gets moved here. It happened/happens alot on the other site. I remember many threads on the other site with guys begging mods to leave their thread in the 6.5 section so somebody could read it and help them.

2- I did not vote in the poll because I did not see any choices I liked. If you would add this option I would vote.

3- It could be worded as 88-98. Yeah I know the diesels, subs and yukons were all there with our body style until 00 but 88-98 absolutely distinguishes what we are after.

It could stay the same too, as long as threads never got the boot what the heck.

My thoughts? I like it the way it is now, with a couple of exceptions. I am on some car boards and they have to have different sections, because there is sooooooo much posting that nothing would get the attention that it deserves. We don't seem to have enough traffic to break it down too much. At least not yet. Also, one thing that drives me nuts when Bulletin Boards are broken down too much, is that someone really wants a response, so they post in 3 different sections. Now you have different people giving different responses all over the place. It makes it hard to follow and hard to find the information that you are looking for.

You don't have to read the next part. I decided to check, and we have this, just not in the 6.5 section, and I spent a long time typing, so I couldn't just delete it.
<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
One section that I think would be good to add would be alternative fuels. Not one for each, one for all. There are a few people that are running SVO, WVO, Biodiesel, and then there is also the HHO generator guys. I myself am very interested in all of this, but since there aren't many posts based on these, it is tough to find information. The posts are few and far between. I think if these were lumped together, it would make it easier to follow

Define "autobody". You mean like those who repair/replace body panels or sheet metal work?

I'm not opposed to it.

Yeah. Not 6.5 specific but like painting tips, autobody procedures, places to get parts, paint guns fiberglassing, prep, paint codes, paint brands Like for instance a new thread in my would be forum
Any body use shopline paint ?

or

Need to patch fiberglass hood

Stuff like that. I belong to an autobody forum but it's run by an autobody saupplier and kinda biased. Here I think it would be better. Lots of old iron on this site.

I know it sounds good to split it up and it makes sense, BUUUUUTTTTTT, sometimes you can make a site to specific and someone that has information on the topic may not even be in that section to answer the question posed. This is because they have no reason to be in that section if they don't have a problem or peruse the section.

Then you get a limited few answering the questions (sound familiar, other sites) and they tend to dictate the responses ultimately stifling the section. Then you get a site that goes down hill like the (page) who had very specific "experts" that kind of ran everyone out of town. That stops the new guys from putting in their two cents and new ideas.

This is just my opinion and observations, this is not intended to be accepted as honest to god realism.:eek:

I only say this because I find this site VERY VERY refreshing and everyone is treated with respect. I have noticed we have a better response base than the other sites and we have more new members not afraid to chime in. This is what is making this site so popular. Just like wrenching, if it ain't broke don't fix it..................
I agree with Slim. It gives me an education to go and look at stuff I don't have and learn some new things. If it's separated out I don't have a reason to look in there. I recall how things kept getting more and more "fine tuned a couple of years ago at youknow and it became too spread out.

So, the overwhelming decision was to keep it the way it is now with the added classified ads.

Anyone object to this?

Back