• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Expanding your sections

What would you guys like to see...?

• Total voters

Unit453

Cruises comfortably at 140...
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking into expanding your sections. I dont feel that 2 separate threads is enough since you all make up the bulk of the membership of this site. I feel that you guys are neglected a bit. I want you all to feel comfortable and at home here. I'd like for you guys to have any section you wanted within your own forums instead of bulking up anything and everything inside the main 6.5 area.

I'd like to take suggestions on how you'd like me to expand a bit more. My thoughts are...:

Trouble shooting thread/need help
Performance thread (parts and excessories)
Chips and tuners
Intakes and exhausts
Motor Rebuilds
Different generations of engines

Let me know what you all think.

Personally I like the fact that I can go to one section and find what I need. With search and reading. If it is a must that the 6.5 section be broken down, a trouble shooting section would be the main thread(s) and possably a rebuild section.

Same here.

If anything needs to be added, it would be sections that can keep our areas of our generation of pickups in our area. I see lots of guys coming to the 6.5 section asking questions that are never answered in a Duramax forum. The questions are asked about transmissions, body, suspension, brakes and all the other things that are attached to the 88-98 pickups.

Ya know, I kinda like it the way it is. It's nice not having to go into different areas to read up on our 6.5 issues.

Well.....not so fast. Hmm, how about a 6.5 only marketplace with a direct link on the top of the page?

Thanks for looking out for us Nick!

Yes, as the 6.2/6.5 ends up being the 88-2000 year trucks, I think engine/body/electrical/etc should all be subforums if it is going to be broken down.

I like it the way it is. I can search through all the topics this way. A parts for sale site would be nice.

The way it is seems good to me, BUT here is a suggestion.
Put the body styles in their areas, 87-down, 88-2000 for electrical..etc.
And PLEASE a parts for sale and parts wanted sections in the 6.5 areas as we all seem to have stuff laying around or need something.
My 2 cents worth.
Don

Im good with it like it is, but actually the 6.2 section should just be added into the 6.5 section. There is hardly any action in the 6.2 board and the engine is close enough to identical to the early 6.5 other than the turbo. Also any good engine build up info in the 6.2 section wont get seen the way it is now.

Yeah, we know we kind of took over around here :D But spreading our info throughout a bunch of forums would not be helpful.

Dave

I understand so keep the comments coming I've added a classified section for you guys but I'm gonna end reworking it here shortly.

If there isnt enough 6.2 traffic to warrant a separate section just for them, I'd be happy to lump them into this section.

Alright. The classified sections are finished.

Any of you can post whatever you want in those sections. They are for 6.2/6.5 drivers only. Each of you here has the ability to open/close YOUR OWN threads within the classified sections. You'll also have the ability to MOVE threads to the CLOSED section once a sale is complete.

Max Attitude (for example) posts a thread selling a turbo in the classified section. He sells it within 1 day. Since the sale is over, he then closes it and moves it to the "closed classified section" where no new posts are ever made. This way it keeps it organized and the ads no longer for sale dont clutter up the new listings.

To moderate your own threads:

Click on "thread tools". Click on "close thread." Next click "move thread." It'll ask you where to move it to. Simply move the drop down box and choose its new destination. Once its moved, thats it, done deal.

Feel free guys to post up stuff right away. Mess with it until you get it. Its not hard. Any help needed, all of the staff are here to help you guys.

I would like to see it split into a performance section and a tech section....just my own 2 cents...

Nick - you may want to set up a simple poll.....that way everyone gets a vote....

I would like to see some kind of subbing for 73-87 and 88-00 Electrical, Exterior, Interior, ETC... Be it subs in the pre-existing forums, or subs in here. Or even an engine section or two, and a general truck section. Say, Tech, Performance, and General Truck...

I say we keep it as simple as possible. I really like the site the way it is now. Very user friendly, and easy to keep up on. The classified section was really all we needed in my opinion. Course I might be just a simpleton though :confused::D:sad:

I kind of like it the way it is except what others have said. A separate electrical/interior/exterior/suspension for our truck. Still looking for that autobody forum in the general section though :)

Define "autobody". You mean like those who repair/replace body panels or sheet metal work?

I'm not opposed to it.

Back