• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust Pipe Hangers

Butch

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,Got a question for ya.Anybody ever try to get the rubber hangers off of the exhaust back by the tailpipe?Im putting a stack pipe on the duelly here & need to get the hangers off the rods there attached to.There is 4 of them I need to take off.I wonder if ya put a little WD-40 on the shaft were it goes into the hole in the rubber mount if they would slide off. The darn things have a head right on the end of the shaft were there through the hole in the hanger.Im gonna try to save the whole thing in case I ever have to put it back on again.I think if ya oiled it up good it would slide off from the shaft.Would need a little persuation though to get it to slide off.Anybody got any other ideas that might work so I dont trash the hangers.Cant see trashing the exhaust that would cost a bundle to replace.:eyebrows:

I dont mean to be a skepticist, but wouldnt drilling a hole in your bed kind of defeat the purpose of saving the stock exhaust for resale??. Sure you can patch it and then line it with bedliner, but still.

yea a little WD 40 should do the trick. and the way some laws are changing its probably a good idea so save the stock parts for that " just in case" situation. kind of like my cat sitting in my shed :D

A can of spray silicone from Autozone is $3.00. That and pry-bar will work great. Trying to put them back in is the fun part!!! lol

Exhaust

I dont mean to be a skepticist, but wouldnt drilling a hole in your bed kind of defeat the purpose of saving the stock exhaust for resale??. Sure you can patch it and then line it with bedliner, but still.
Not going up through the bed,along side of the cab on the passengers side just behind the extended door.Just like the big rigs.:eyebrows:

Exhaust Stack

Hi Everybody,Got the stack today & already got it mounted to the truck.Havent tryed to get the hangers off yet.Gotta get a 90 & 24" straight pipe for it to tye into the main pipe.Gonna run straight out from the exhaust minus the muffler.Dont know yet how much bark Ill get.Gonna try a little silicone on the rubber mounts to see if they"ll slide off the hangers.Gonna cut the exhaust right in front of the muffler .Gotta admit it makes the truck look like a big rig with the stack along side of the truck like the big ones.Im not good with PC"s otherwise Id put a picture of it on here.Got a digital camera but dont know how to transfer the data to here.

do you have them on your computer. if so get a photobucket account and go to upload pics browse the pics and pick the one you want then upload it copy the IMG code and paste it in the thread and your done

Image Hosting - ImageHosting.com works too an its free with no account.

Its gonna be loud, not sure what year you have, but my LB7 is loud and annoying to everyone but me. Ive had it for a couple weeks as a straight 5" downpipe back into 5" mitre cut stack, and its still music to my ears. I find myself driving around with the passenger rear window open all the time so I can listen to it.

It really sounds like a big rig under 1500RPM and whenever you let off the exhaust all you hear is the turbo.

Then when you shut the truck off, you hear the turbo slowly spool down. Good way for me to now that its not completely destroyed.

Its gonna be loud, not sure what year you have, but my LB7 is loud and annoying to everyone but me. Ive had it for a couple weeks as a straight 5" downpipe back into 5" mitre cut stack, and its still music to my ears. I find myself driving around with the passenger rear window open all the time so I can listen to it.

It really sounds like a big rig under 1500RPM and whenever you let off the exhaust all you hear is the turbo.

Then when you shut the truck off, you hear the turbo slowly spool down. Good way for me to now that its not completely destroyed.

Lets see some pics.:D

How are the people in Texas getting around the State Inspections, they are really getting tough in my town for no muffler :doh:

There is a guy here with an SRT8 Hemi dropped in a 08 JK....he has all the cat and muffler on it, but he has a switch inside the cab that he pushed and it switches to a straight dump off the headers, it sounds mean!!! Thats an easy way to get around cats and mufflers, disguise your exhaust as a dual when on is your "factory" and one is straight piped!

ive seen videos on youtube for the srt8's with the electronic switch its bada$$

Exaust

The truck is a 3500 D/A 01 LB7 Extended cab.Completely stock except I put the fast idle on it when I got it.That has three stepping speeds you can set when parked.1200,1500,1700 r.p.ms.To cancel it all you do is step on the brake and shut the switch off.When ya set it you just turn it on & set the cruise button to what r.p.m. ya want.Works off from the computer through the power take off in the PC. & Allison tranny.

Does this SRT8 guy just have cutouts or two exhausts to switch between.

havent gotten a pic with smoke signals yet.

the ones i watched had one exhaust with cut off's with a flap that can open and close. and the stack looks sweet on the truck!!!

Back