• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA Study on Diesel Tuners

Well lets see... most of the wall built. So maybe he will buy 70% of them but only have a way to charge up half of that! Haha

Maybe it is the electrician in me- but has anyone figured out what the amperage draw is to do that super fast charging? You cant do that at your house- that needs 480v... So super fast charge only in industrial areas.
And oh my... if they get stupid enough to put 480v into homes where diy boy decides he o mess with that electrical himself...
240v will electrically burn you bad and of course can kill. But start playing 480 v SMH.

The Chinese have developed a method to convert desert into forest.

FWIW, the Israelis invented this approach more than 50 years ago. Totally peeved-off the Arabs as they never could figure it out during their thousands of years of living in the same area. So if the Chinese think that they are now the current inventors of this idea, then this is just another sad example in the ongoing saga of ripping-off somebody else's idea and putting the People's Party stamp-of-approval on it.

Oh, and making a forest out of the desert does in fact create an absolute mess out of the surrounding ecology. Just ask the Israelis ;)

So, an age-old saying applies here: Don't muck with Mother Nature. Seeing as the Chinese have a foundation in philosophy and I do not know the author of that quote, am good with giving them credit for that one :D

Just wired a fast electric charger for a BMW. 24A. @240v. We fused it with a 2pole30 breaker I think.
Customer gave us the specs.

Sorry, I meant the 30 chargers Biden is saying he wants. - From near empty to full charge in 15 minutes.
your talking 20,000 amps at 480 volt to do that. That’s insane. Breakers are set generally in the house at 125% maximum draw because of heat and efficiency numbers. So imagine that breaker you just installed being a 40,000 amp breaker.

That big house T was showing us he recently bought in Montana- That big thing probably has a 400 amp service.
Most homes are 100 to 125 amp. A normal 2200 square foot house uses a 200 amp panel.

I am pissing in the wind here... however I merely point out how to deal with the new Bio laced fuel. If trouble ever shows up at least one has a starting place and can ID the damn problem of insane bug growth in Biodiesel. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean your luck will hold forever because: Shit Happens! (Look at the reputation modern Gasoline has for wrecking things when stored too long now. )

I am pissing in the wind here... however I merely point out how to deal with the new Bio laced fuel. If trouble ever shows up at least one has a starting place and can ID the damn problem of insane bug growth in Biodiesel. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean your luck will hold forever because: Shit Happens! (Look at the reputation modern Gasoline has for wrecking things when stored too long now. )

I wonder if it is planned obsolesce by those in power...

I wonder if it is planned obsolesce by those in power...
Problem is which in power? Republicans like Bush - mega pro oil, or Trump very pro oil and big businesses even to the expense of loosing work to foreign countries? Or Obama and now Biden, which Biden has made bigger moves away from i.c.e. Vehicles than all the others combined before him? who knows, maybe he is just drum beating to satisfy the group knowing it can’t be accomplished.

Henry Ford changed the world. Sorry fellow Chevy guys. Remember the 1890’s quad cycle was first...
Rudolf Diesel changed the world. Sorry Steamers
groups of lobbyists changed our local world. For now.

Elon Musk changed the world- we just are now seeing the release of model TT from him everywhere and people are ordering future model A.

The epa laws say 15ppm sulfur. The people wont pay for 0% otherwise there would be none. Cost of sulfur removal is nonlinear it is Customers still dictate products.
The lower cost for sub par fuel is why the population is accepting these other fuels. My go to favorite plastics to fuel- you can skip making plastic in solid form and just go from crude to 100% synthetic non sulfur fuel. People just dont want to pay for it (can’t say I blame them).

Enough lobbyists are involved to push the various bio fuels, and the cost is low enough the consumer will pay.
The mass population is simply buying walmart fuel. When they haven’t experienced the downfalls of it, the risk is worth the rewards.
And although I would prefer filling up on sweet Texas crude, I am happier filling up with some Nebraska corn than Iranian oil to keep my neighbors work.

The transportation secretary pete bullshitedge (did I spell that right?) is pushing for miles driven tax. Know, while most diesel guys are conservative economically- that will hit the electric car market too, but we won’t see a reduction in gas/ diesel taxes- So they are hitting everyone with junk.

Wont be a problem though in civil war 2.0

Back