• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Enough broken 6.5 problems, how about a high mileage/dependable 6.5 thread?

Guess I'll throw my '99 in here. I thought it had a replacement engine when I got it, just based on the miles and how it ran. No blow by at all, and didn't seem to use oil. When it lost oil pressure suddenly I pulled the engine, and to my suprise it's the original engine with 290,000 miles! The IP and injectors look original too! As does the water pump! Had 6 or 7 bad glows when I got it, but still started good. If it goes another 300K on the new engine, I'll be happy..... If they had all been like this one, these pickups would be a lot more expensive!

Not sure what happened with the oil pressure, but it was fine until I took the oil cooler off. Probably would have hit 400K+ if I hadn't done that..... Maybe not either. I'll never know.

My 96 has 158k on original everything minus injectors, glows, balancer and a PMD. I only changed the injectors/glows/balancer for peace of mind, the PMD failed on a SSD relo kit. Replaced normal wear items like alt, batteries, belt etc, but nothing major so far :fingers crossed:. Still has 40 psi of oil pressure cold, 25-30 warm. Besides the mods in my sig, I haven't done much but drive it.

Only issues it has is a medium sized puff of grey smoke at cold start and it uses/leaks about a quart of oil per change. No blowby I know of.

In contrast my friend's 94 with less than 130k has needed an injection pump, lift pump, broke a valve spring and dropped a valve causing heads to be removed, both heads cracked, etc.

Back