• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Thumping

Big Bertha

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu436cnPoWU&feature=youtu.be

Probably the worst! rocker, or lifter, push rod, I just had the passenger manifold off and made sure the surface was true, let me know what your thoughts are , the injectors have 23,000 on them and are german made Bosch. at the end of the video I paused under the truck, when I shut it down it will leak fuel, but only after shut down, the other wet spot are from changing the power steering pump. Some days I hate this POS!! other days I love it :nonod:

Isolate the knocking cylinder by loosening the injector nuts one at a time. Swapout that injector with one thats working fine to determine if it's an injector. If that's it take the injector apart and clean it just be very careful with the little pintle inside not to scratch it- clean with diesel fuel and a plastic brush- no metal.

If that is not it the next thing is to remove the valve cover and check the rocker arms, rocker arm retainers, pushrods, lifters. After that it gets ugly- drop oil pan check the rod,wrist pin,crank. With the fuel leak, my fingers are crossed you find it in that injector.

Can hear nice injector clatter,the knock seems to follow piston speed.

Back