• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine fire wall?

Goose57

Reaction score
Hi all, getting close to installing my new Optimizer motor. What are you guys putting on the fire wall in the engine bay? I’ve seen the Dyna Pad product but I’m looking for something a little thinner and that it would stick to the wall and handle the heat. Thanks Gus.

Check my thread in my signature line. Covered a product in there on mine recently.
Thanks SnowDrift. Very nice and informative post on your build. Isn’t this site great they have a lot of knowledgeable guys on here. Here is my new Optimizer I’m putting in my 95’ Dually. IMG_0206.jpegI hope I don’t regret sending it to TSP to do his magic. I am trying to address the heat issues with a high volume WP and a Duramax fan upgrades. Also a fluid damper from Leroy’s. Where did you source your oil cooler? Also I can’t find an OE trans. cooler either. Don’t want to chance cleaning the old one because I had the trans. rebuilt.

Thanks guys for the info. Will the stock trans. lines fit the coolers suggested? Also I have Leroy’s braided steel oil lines that fit the oem oil cooler. I’ll research them. I guess I should of researched them before asking the questions 😎 Thanks again.

I would do away with the factory GM connections. they can pop out and leak on you. most aftermarket coolers are female NPT thread so you can use most any standard fitting. run you a hose barb connection from the cooler around to the one in the radiator but use a good oil cooler type hose that can handle the temps. for the steel trans lines, use a flaring tool to make you a barb on the end. then slip on the hose and clamp it. the flare type barb is to keep the hose from coming off!

Built my own transmission lines. 3/8” braided and 6 AN fittings. Then, the 6 AN to whatever the transmission, cooler and Radiator fittings are. I don’t trust my recollections so here's a couple of pictures.

90* fittings at the Transmission
20150925-TransCooler Lines.JPG

Radiator Connector
140914-1 Radiator Fitting.JPG140914-3Radiator Fitting.JPG

Those are nice looking. Are they PTFE?
Absolutely. Did the Fuel Lines from the tank forward to the IP; Turbo Oil Feed and Transmission lines.
Summit racing Part # SUM-230615

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MGwezurDWV3J0VQnSvWGngbG4t__vfSxoCi68QAvD_BwE

Got a fitting test kit to pressure test the completed lines before installation along with their line cutter but, not a fan of the cutter, still need to wrap with electrical tape before cutting and putting on the fittings.
20150916-5.JPG
Summit racing Part # SUM-230615

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MGwezurDWV3J0VQnSvWGngbG4t__vfSxoCi68QAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Back