• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine cover interchangability

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
I posted this on the other place, but I don't think I got a direct answer to my questions, so I'm reposting here, too, now that I'm home (not logged in here at work).

Will the newer style engine cover ("Turbo Power") like what is on the '96 up maybe fit my '95 engine? It seems like that shorter one like the newer models would fit much better. Mine tears firewall insulation off every time I put it back on and it also covers the fuel filter. I guess I could just trim mine so it does the job better.

I know the older ones on the mechanical engines had the cables coming out, but are there differences on the electronic pump versions?

Yes I think so, I cna check tomarrow as I have both styles in the garage if know one has a positive answer

It still won't allow access to the fuel filter, At least on my 2000 i have to take it off, got sick of it and just left it off. I would think that it holds in heat against the ip/pmd and would get rid of it for that reason if no other....

IIRC 94-94 different than 96+. I know the one of my 95 will not fit my 2000. You can have the one of my 95 for shipping cost. They are useless junk IMO.

well, I guess if it's still in the way for the filter, then I'm back to square one. I might as well just trim the back side of mine and be done with it. A good inch or so off should be enough, I suppose.

Bummer, I thought maybe they redesigned it for that reason.

well, I guess if it's still in the way for the filter, then I'm back to square one. I might as well just trim the back side of mine and be done with it. A good inch or so off should be enough, I suppose.

Bummer, I thought maybe they redesigned it for that reason.

just like you'd think they'd re-enginear the pmd... HAHAHA

I might as well just trim the back side of mine and be done with it.

You would better off cleaning it up really pretty and putting it on a shelf till you're ready to sell the truck. It's just another heat trap!

Someone did some tests one time & concluded there was no difference in temps on or off. Despite that ,mine is in the basement with a lot of other treasures.

TD and I exchanged a few posts a number of years ago about making the Turbo Power cover a "quick release" deal. TDs suggestion was to use 4 threaded studs with a hole at the top and small clevis pin clips to hold it in place.

At the time we were thinking with a remote FSD, you could probably live with the cover on; just need to allow for "side of the road in the middle of the night" fuel filter changes....

I think the '96+ style would allow for studs in the manifold and then wingnuts, even. That wouldn't be too hateful, either. Anything is better than digging for a wrench in a pinch.

Back