• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Coolant

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
What, if any is the recommended coolent to run in the Cummins? Is it ok to run the premix 50/50 in it? I see my coolant reservoir is on the low side. It isn't something I have changed or flushed since I bought it. Engine temps have always been a steady 190* to 195*. But when I looked at the tank a few days ago when I was refilling the windshield washer fluid, I saw that it's above the "MIN" level, but I would like it to be topped off.

Bump

I saw at Walmart they have the gallon of 50/50 Prestone on sale, the stuff that you can mix with any color coolant. Is it safe to run that in my truck being that you can mix it with any kind/color of coolent?

Bump

I saw at Walmart they have the gallon of 50/50 Prestone on sale, the stuff that you can mix with any color coolant. Is it safe to run that in my truck being that you can mix it with any kind/color of coolent?

I will NEVER run that crap again, and reccomend that nobody else run it either. The factory coolant for an 04 is a G-05 approved coolant I believe and I run only ZEREX from napa.

I will NEVER run that crap again, and reccomend that nobody else run it either. The factory coolant for an 04 is a G-05 approved coolant I believe and I run only ZEREX from napa.

Thanks for the heads up. That was what I was looking for, some kind of "approved" coolant. I've looked around, even went as far as going into the owners manual for the truck, and didn't find anything. I will make sure to look for something G-05 approved.

Back