• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Emmott's Initiation

How are these pickup screens held in place from the assembly line? just some GM fancy goop? I would think they would have made some sort of fork safety bracket that could hold it in place bolted to the pump body.

Usually the tube on the screen is quite a tight fit. Takes some driving force to get it fully seated.
Did You try inserting the tube back into the pump ?

Well to be fair there was probably millions of engines assembled like that without any issues.
True. I am being unfair to say it is frequent. It is just too frequent IN MY OPINION, for something that could have been addressed for less than a dollar in production cost.
Many are solved with a single bolt, or a roll pin.
And it isn’t Melling that decided to cheap out it was GM.

Statistically could be 1 in a 100,000. I have probably seen 3 -6.5s and 3- gm gassers do this.
Just annoying that they would save a few pennies for something crucial

True. I am being unfair to say it is frequent. It is just too frequent IN MY OPINION, for something that could have been addressed for less than a dollar in production cost.
Many are solved with a single bolt, or a roll pin.
And it isn’t Melling that decided to cheap out it was GM.

Statistically could be 1 in a 100,000. I have probably seen 3 -6.5s and 3- gm gassers do this.
Just annoying that they would save a few pennies for something crucial
Yup, even one in an entire production of every vehicle manufactured is one too many.

Back