• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electric Hummer by GMC

Will L.

Reaction score
Not sure where to post but thought some of you might get a kick out of this.
On Superbowl the commercial will air about the new GMC Electric Hummer. Here is the teaser:

The Hummer community is of coarse talking about it. Some interested, some hating, but a leader among the groups (who makes the most awesome Hummer videos) stepped up with a video of his own with a serious challenge. Spread this far and wide please- we NEED a GMC response...

Electric because even today GM has to be Politically Correct. Those who made the EV-1 VS. HUMMER film have got to be in a full panic over the final effect their film inspired. Yea F'K a small electric car and the horse you rode in on telling me to drive one!

I'll bite on the challenge. Get me one of those Coveted AZ "Clean Air Plates" the Electric Hummer would qualify for and we will see who can get across Phoenix first on the freeway during rush hour with a single vehicle occupant. AZ's arrogant and stupidly thought out clean air plate program to violate the carpool lane intentions may have to finally end. Biodiesel, B99, wouldn't qualify for a clean air plate.

Can I get the Snow Plow prep package to help move the other electric krap that both start with a "T" that will be in the way?

The extreme emissions Flathead Onan Genset can easily fit on the back in a trailer hitch platform. :facepalm:

Hell, we could do a shorter route to the Phoenix VA and back and maybe they could try and keep up to this fellow. You going to tell a vet "Medicated for other's protection by the Phoenix VA" that his war buddy that's riding with him doesn't qualify for the carpool lane? Yes, there is a wheelchair crane in the back of this truck.

carpool.jpg

carpoolplate.jpg

Edit: Looks like the Feds killed AZ's "electric lane vs. carpool lane" idealism. :woot:

Energy Efficient Plate Program Ending March 2, 2020.

Energy Efficient License Plate

Arizona's Energy Efficient Plate Program is ending effective, March 2, 2020. The program allows eligible plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) unrestricted access to the high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes in Arizona.

Current holders of an energy efficient plate may continue to use that plate on a qualifying vehicle and make use of the HOV lanes. If the vehicle is sold, traded or otherwise has its title transferred to another party, the energy efficient plate is no longer valid.

Through March 2, 2020, current plate holders may transfer the plate to a new qualifying energy efficient vehicle. As of that date, it will no longer be permitted.

Plates will not be issued to new participants.

The program is being discontinued to comply with federal regulations regarding HOV lane usage.

On the electric Hummer thing, I am take a wait and see attitude. It could be amazing or it could be a flop.

On the car pool lane- I guess they said buy electric and use car pool lane as incentive to create less local emissions and move the emissions out of the city?

In “Vegas” HOV ( high occupancy vehicle or car pool lanes) are funny. There technically is Clark County, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson. The 3 cities are in the county, but parts of the county have no city. And they all merge in imaginary boundaries only visible on a map not real life. No hov in Henderson yet. But they are in the other 3. Same freeways cross them. But certain areas are mad because the lanes go nearly unused while traffic crawls during problems. So they decided they would will no longer prosecute anyone for using it while alone. So the officers don’t site people for it. Yet others do and want the $.

So folks that do those drives daily learn where they are going to get a ticket and follow the rule there, and where it isn’t enforced, you see traffic move easier because all the lanes are in use. Haha.

To hit one other crazy thing for Vegas because, you know, there just isn’t enough - A retired metro cop friend told me of his rookie year when he went to a house for noise complaints. Where upon entering he saw a dead man in a chair. He died of natural causes, was properly documented and given back to the family who had him embalmed and dressed in his favorite clothes. Then placed in the living room in his chair. All legal 100%. They have paperwork they keep next to him for occasions like my buddy. Turns out there is a lot of people that do this.
I have no clue about moving great great grandfather into the car for HOV lanes however. Gonna have to ask him about that. Also need to ask- if someone takes grandpa while you’re in 7-11, is that theft or kidnapping? Haha

Back