• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electric fuel pump/lift pump

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
I've been doing a good bit of research in the lift pump area, yes their are the high dollar units that move lots of fuel per hour and cost a good bit and have lots of bells and whistles we just don't need, even if using a maxed flowing injection pump..

So, I have narrowed down the list to one I plan to use for less than 150$..

This one, American made best I can find, several different models to chose from as well...

Made by Facet rebranded under several names like Holley...

Thoughts???????????????????????????????????????/

I have been searching for several weeks now for a lift pump less than 200$ that I thought would last a while. I never did see these pumps show up while searching.

I like the first pump better but you never know, the Napa pump could last for years and years.

The mighty mite with the square body I remember trying when we tested the different liftpumps. It barely hit 9psi and was under 6 in short order. It’s over all lifespan wasn’t much better than the Delco- so because of price I ruled it out for the db2 also.

There is another mighty mite made by holley labeled as MrGasket (yes they own them too) that has a green body. They live a long time but flow volume is too low- so lower than advertised gph and pei.

I called holley not even a month ago - he didn’t say anything about that first one you showed. It sure hits some happy specs. And the 80 micron screen isn’t shabby. I couldn’t see, is there a water drain on that clear base? I wonder about warranty numbers on it.

I've been doing a good bit of research in the lift pump area, yes their are the high dollar units that move lots of fuel per hour and cost a good bit and have lots of bells and whistles we just don't need, even if using a maxed flowing injection pump..

So, I have narrowed down the list to one I plan to use for less than 150$..

This one, American made best I can find, several different models to chose from as well...

Made by Facet rebranded under several names like Holley...

Thoughts???????????????????????????????????????/

Is the input/output port sufficient?

I have been searching for several weeks now for a lift pump less than 200$ that I thought would last a while. I never did see these pumps show up while searching.

I like the first pump better but you never know, the Napa pump could last for years and years.

I know a few Ford diesel owners that have used that first pump for many many years with not a burp from it.. their are several farm straight trucks here that use it also, none have any complaints... The solid state drive is something most others don't offer....

This is even a direct replacement for the stock lp...

I have one of these facet fuel pumps setting in a coffee jug all sealed up to keep out the dirt.
it was on My 2000 K3500 when I had bought the truck. I installed a fuel pressure gauge and it scared the crap out of Me, at highway speeds, about 70 MPH, it would run on zero pounds of pressure. It would hold about 5 to 6 pounds in town driving.
I immediately got the lift pump and harness kit from Leroy and got that installed.
Just happy it didn't take out the IP.
The previous owner of the truck had installed the pump brand new just before I bough the truck, so, I knew it was not an age thing for the low pressures.
If and when the Carter lift pump fails I will try one of those other Facet Duralift pumps. it seems to be a real nice option.

Yes John, you are right, guess I'll find out sooner or later. Nothing wrong with yours by the way.
Yeah no worries there. We intentionally only carry premium pumps now to avoid callbacks and issues. We tried to supply the budget options and it took multiple years off our life expectancy :banghead:

I had a (unnamed nonsite vendor) HO on mine, it was great. Back then, it was like $75. Now, it's $120. I'm pretty sure it was just a Carter HO with a sticker on it, but it did what it was supposed to, and it was flow-on-fail ...most of the Carters weren't, which is an issue for a DS4.

I just couldn't see spending $500 on a lift pump.

Last edited:
Back