• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EFI Live Announces Cummins Support!

If only my Jeep had a Cummins 4BT in it...OOOO BABY!!! :)

Instead, I got a lil VM Motori Italian Diesel Motor, so no EFI for me. :(

If your Jeep uses either the 2.8 or 3.0 CRD you'll find it actually has the same ECM as your LBZ. The read/write sequence is VERY different between the 2 applications, so it's not supported but the actual table mapping is almost identical.

Cheers
Cindy

So how far along is this anyways?

I keep hearing rumor mill, but is there a targeted release date on it.

Is this going to be available on the OEM ECM or will it require a stand alone programmable ECM (putting it WAY out of a realistic price range)?

I have had a quick read of the FAQ for this forum, but it didn't contain anything about vendors, so am not sure if I'm permitted to post info of this nature. Commonsense says it should be okay - we are not currently selling the product detailed in this thread. If I've overstepped the mark, I'm sorry.

It's not very far along at all. Reading is done, flashing shouldn't be an issue on our development tools. The hard part is finding and adding the mapping information along with the scan tool data. We also need to establish how many operating systems we need to support.

If anyone tells you they are testing tuning for Cummins with our software they are BS'ing you. To be honest, we are not sure our current hardware will support flashing, so we may have to develop a new device.

Cheers
Cindy

That's generally the problem on the Cummins ECM.

It'll allow the read functions, but it only allows flashing to a certain level and has been a "challenge" to say the least.

The mapping on it is so twisted that it makes it a programming nighmare.

Cindy, I hope you guys can come up with a solution for the Dodge Boys soon. Help would be greatly appreciated by your efforts.

Oh yeah it does.......

:devil:

Well this puts a dampener on things:eek: Better get my project motor up and running sooner rather than later if I want to keep up.

The way you describe the Cummins ECM reminds me of the 6.5 ECM's in the way that the mapping and the whole unit itself is a nightmare to tune. You hit it right on the head when you said that by changing timing it could screw up... the windshield wipers.

It really is a twisted setup and you hit it right on the head......you mess with a something in the boost tables and your turn signal turns into a disco strobe.

The only one that REALLY has it right so far is Mads Electronics, but that's not NEARLY as tuneable as the EFI Live is for the Duramax.

The way the current ECM is setup, it's seriously going to be a challenge to get a viable EFI Live type setup for it. Without using a VERY EXPENSIVE stand alone ECM, which are available but cost a fortune, it's certainly going to be interesting to see if this unfolds.

It really is a twisted setup and you hit it right on the head......you mess with a something in the boost tables and your turn signal turns into a disco strobe.

The only one that REALLY has it right so far is Mads Electronics, but that's not NEARLY as tuneable as the EFI Live is for the Duramax.

The way the current ECM is setup, it's seriously going to be a challenge to get a viable EFI Live type setup for it. Without using a VERY EXPENSIVE stand alone ECM, which are available but cost a fortune, it's certainly going to be interesting to see if this unfolds.
Oh ye have little faith. ):h It will happen.

Oh ye have little faith. ):h It will happen.

Oh, I have faith alright....and hopes....and dreams. ):h

You guys got it made with the D-Max's ECM. That thing is basically open architecure. The Cummins ECM is more like......making your way through Alcatraz.

I'm not getting "too" excited yet.......

It's one thing to be able to see the tables, it's another to be able to tweak them.

MADS Electronics, I think, is getting a lot closer to releasing the Super Revo that will allow the tweaks.

Marco has been blasting away and they have trucks up and running on the dyno already with it.

It's at the fine tuning stage, so I think it may come to market pretty quick.

I'm not getting "too" excited yet.......

It's one thing to be able to see the tables, it's another to be able to tweak them.

MADS Electronics, I think, is getting a lot closer to releasing the Super Revo that will allow the tweaks.

Marco has been blasting away and they have trucks up and running on the dyno already with it.

It's at the fine tuning stage, so I think it may come to market pretty quick.

That's true. But.. If Ross and Paul can get into the Bosch ECM's and have the success they have had I don't see this one a problem.

And, from past history of EFILive, they are pretty well known not to even tease people if they cant get the job done. We heard for many years that DSP switching wouldn't be available for Bosh ECMs but they got it done.

Will Smarty's be a PC based interference?

i would not doubt ross and the guys there. they have done some great things with the gm stuff and given the time they will figure it out.

Here' the thing though.....

The GM ECM has a MUCH more open achitecture than the Dodge does.

Believe me, I hope they do figure it out. But, the stuff I'm seeing so far is nothing more than what most folks can do right now.......READ the ECM data. That's all anyone has been able to do with it, for the most part.

The only way, so far, to get around the factory ECM is with a VERY expensive stand alone ECM.

Marco at MADS used to be an engineer with Dodge and is one of the few that have been able to unlock a few things. Even with him working on this thing for YEARS, it's still not fully tweakable.

The Cummins ECM doesn't allow the interface like the GM ECM does, you can't tweak things in a live environment. It's a flash based system.

I really hope they figure it out, I'd love to mess with it, but I think they're a long.........LONG way off.

Update:

New hardware will be required for tuning the Cummins ECM, the current V2 hardware isn't compatible with it.

They say everything is progressing well, but from Andrews post this morning they haven't gave a exact date when they will release it.

Back