• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EFI Live Announces Cummins Support!

That'll be interesting to see.

If they can crack the code on that Cummins ECM, that'll be friggin sweet.

I can certainly say that I'd be willing to see what kind of havoc I can wreak with that.

You scared?:nono:

:eek: I am...I am at my limit on tuning without a bunch of parts swapping to come...

3 sets of headgaskets now and 1 lost motor lead me to believe the LB7 isn't that great without major upgrades...yeah there are some freak cases (trentnell) that have seen big numbers for a long time with little to no problems...but I have been blessed with the problems unfortunately...Makes me wonder if I should bother rebuilding that other motor up or just switch to the cummins or maybe the scorpion when it comes out...

Who does your tuning btw?

***Sorry about the thread hijack***

:eek: I am...I am at my limit on tuning without a bunch of parts swapping to come...

3 sets of headgaskets now and 1 lost motor lead me to believe the LB7 isn't that great without major upgrades...yeah there are some freak cases (trentnell) that have seen big numbers for a long time with little to no problems...but I have been blessed with the problems unfortunately...Makes me wonder if I should bother rebuilding that other motor up or just switch to the cummins or maybe the scorpion when it comes out...

Who does your tuning btw?

***Sorry about the thread hijack***

I cant tune shat with my efi live.Hell I wasnt even able to load the tune that rob (Idahorob) sent me.I ve been looking at getting the dsp5 but Im not sure about what else I need.I tried messing with it a few time but I really dont know what the hell all that stuff means plus the twins make it a little different than avg.I know my truck would run alot better if tuned right.The ppe doesnt do the twins and tranny justice.

If only my Jeep had a Cummins 4BT in it...OOOO BABY!!! :)

Instead, I got a lil VM Motori Italian Diesel Motor, so no EFI for me. :(

That might be bad for the rest of us though. The old Cummins might get a lot quicker, a lot cheaper.

Well, as soon as I get off my arse and pull the motor out, the bottom end is getting built and I'm shooting for 1000 hp.....800 on fuel only and 1000 with a little giggle gas to it.

That's the one thing that drives me nuts is how much you guy can tweek with the EFI Live.

Cummins has the ECM so locked up on these things it's insane. Trying to dicipher all the maps is like looking at a mountain of rubic's cubes and all the maps are interconnected. Mess with one setting for timing and you may also be effecting............hell, windshield wipers.

:mad2:

I cant tune shat with my efi live.Hell I wasnt even able to load the tune that rob (Idahorob) sent me.I ve been looking at getting the dsp5 but Im not sure about what else I need.I tried messing with it a few time but I really dont know what the hell all that stuff means plus the twins make it a little different than avg.I know my truck would run alot better if tuned right.The ppe doesnt do the twins and tranny justice.

You really needs some of Rob's tuning with those twins. You'll be amazed..

You really needs some of Rob's tuning with those twins. You'll be amazed..

Your telling me.I think the tune he sent me was erased some how.I tried to load that tune but I kept having problems.Can I buy a ecm thats already tuned and then just hook up the dsp5 switch?

Well in your case(twins) I would suggest custom tuning...

Get a basic tune made for twins and datalog some all out runs with EFI live and send the logs to your tuner...then he will be able to customize it to what he is seeing ...it may take a couple tries...but it will be optimized for your setup...

I'm sure Rob has a copy. Since he's tuned more twins than anyone he would be my choice to tune them. He can send you the tune and we will give you a step by step on to load it, we can talk you through it on the phone also..

Well, as soon as I get off my arse and pull the motor out, the bottom end is getting built and I'm shooting for 1000 hp.....800 on fuel only and 1000 with a little giggle gas to it.

That's the one thing that drives me nuts is how much you guy can tweek with the EFI Live.

Cummins has the ECM so locked up on these things it's insane. Trying to dicipher all the maps is like looking at a mountain of rubic's cubes and all the maps are interconnected. Mess with one setting for timing and you may also be effecting............hell, windshield wipers.

:mad2:

I'll be watching this thread...I'm way interested to see what folks can do if it works. I can only imagine the possibilities unlocking that beast.

I dare say it may start pulling a few Chevy boys over to have some fun too.
It has to be good for business all around to create more competition.

I dare say it may start pulling a few Chevy boys over to have some fun too.
It has to be good for business all around to create more competition.

Won't pull this one.. :D

Back