• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ECM for auto to manual conversion

nick94

Reaction score
I almost have all the parts needed for my conversion. I found a parts truck that has a manual transmission with a 350. The donor truck is a 1995, my truck is a 1994 both with 350.
My question is the following can I use the ECM from donor truck on my 1994? I am hopping to avoid all the expected codes after removing the auto tranny from my truck.

Not 100% as the 94-95 auto and manual had a few differences in teh control systems. I know that 94-95 autos used a 3 wire heated oxygen sensor whereas teh 94-95 manual used a 1 wire non heated. Teh heated O2 is prefferred, but not sure if any wiring changes took place or not along with it. All you need to do is find a PROM chip that will work for what you are after. Chances are if teh 2 ECM's are teh same part number, it will interchange, but GM did use a few different ECM's in the later TBI years.

Back