• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ECM CONTROLLED BOOST, HOW MANY POUNDS DO YOU GET ?

This pump might control HVAC but is a loser for the ecm controlled wastegate (unless mine is dying and someone has had better luck with one) Screenshot_20171026-195832.png 6

I kind of like the original equipment Myself.
I replaced the electric vacuum pump on My BILz 2000 VW Passat, it was electric and looked to be high quality and pretty hefty too. i dont know what the price was but I bet it was pretty hefty too. LOL
The new Dorman pump was $136.00

30 miles to church, about 15 miles into the journey, the boost began to fail. I think it is that old Delco vac solenoid.
I`ll go get a replacement tomorrow for the NAPA almost new solenoid then, fingers crossed, that will fix it.
In the meantime, i`m going to get a new Delco unit to install and use the new NAPA unit for a spare.

Your better pump may be overcoming a leak esp. in the WG can itself. The diaphragms do get holes in them from age/wear.

Your better pump may be overcoming a leak esp. in the WG can itself. The diaphragms do get holes in them from age/wear.
I did check the waste gate actuator with the vacuum pump, it held vacuum indefinitely, well, for about ten minits anyhow. LOL
It seemed to function as long as it was cool, after about 15 miles it started getting intermittent, then just finally cut out all together, the Delco solenoid has about 240,000 miles on it if it ad never been replaced.
Coming back home, it got intermittent in about 5 miles, I think it is getting hot and breaking down.
This morning now, just driving in town, get on the throttle slightly and it seems to be functioning as it should.
I`ll know more this afternoon after I get off work and get the replacement NAPA solenoid installed.
I hope it is not something in the ECM.

Back