• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

dyno'd boat engines /now im disapointed

ha guys the little boat'[a 35' cigarette mistress] is avalible ,so you can go boating now,,,i just got back to my hotel room,we just changed the cam and ran 2 dyno pulls,,802 hp and i need to richen the carb,now i need to change the 2 other cams and do more timing runs and some jetting and i hope to see 800-840 hp

ha guys the little boat'[a 35' cigarette mistress] is avalible ,so you can go boating now,,,i just got back to my hotel room,we just changed the cam and ran 2 dyno pulls,,802 hp and i need to richen the carb,now i need to change the 2 other cams and do more timing runs and some jetting and i hope to see 800-840 hp

Nice. I am sure you will reach the 840 or so HP goal. That is goning to be a nice ride...

Thats great! Sounds like you are getting in the power range that you were looking for, should a Hellva Ride.

now ,all i have to do is finish 2 more cams,finish dyno runs,dress 3 engines,suck out 200 gals of 2 year old fuel, finish washing out the bilge,use a forklift to install 3 engines ,then attach 6 headers,6 sep tailpipes and 6 mufflers,drag boat to the gas station and add 200 gals of fresh prem gas,return to shop ,fire each engine to ck for leaks,hook trailer to truck[duramax daulley ]of course,,drag to biggest pond i can find ,back in water,park truck,get back in boat ,depart harbor ,aim to open water ,get on plane ,push all 3 throttles to full military power,hang on tight,,,,

and try not to break anything

jeeeeeezus.... i got a rowboat you can use. takes less time, money and effort. :D

put up some vids when you get that thing in the water.... please. :thumbsup:

now ,all i have to do is finish 2 more cams,finish dyno runs,dress 3 engines,suck out 200 gals of 2 year old fuel, finish washing out the bilge,use a forklift to install 3 engines ,then attach 6 headers,6 sep tailpipes and 6 mufflers,drag boat to the gas station and add 200 gals of fresh prem gas,return to shop ,fire each engine to ck for leaks,hook trailer to truck[duramax daulley ]of course,,drag to biggest pond i can find ,back in water,park truck,get back in boat ,depart harbor ,aim to open water ,get on plane ,push all 3 throttles to full military power,hang on tight,,,,

and try not to break anything

That all sounds like fun......except the fuel bill:yikes:

4.20 x 200 = 840:yikes::yikes::yikes:

those sterlings are some badass engines.... they just sing at those speeds.... :D

i watched the 3rd one run yesterday and im going to just put these in the boat and give up,everyone and everything ive read says these should make 800+ hp

add a banks sticker to each I hear their worth a 100 hp and dont hurt the fuel economy:smilielol5:.....especially with crude topping $137.00 a barrell..........can we all stand $5.5 per gallon

Last edited:
Dmaxxx3500, I'm close by, I'm sure I could help you push down the throttle on one of the boats as I'm sure it's tough for you to hold it wide open on all three at the same time!:sifone:

holding it open is easy ,i just need to finish shimming and hanging the door on the customers ''qvale'' roadster and hanging the front clip on it so it can go get painted,im just getting real tired of getting up at 4-5am to pick up customers cars 4 days aweek then fixing all the computers and trying to work on my projects on sundays,i just hope i can get to go out on it 1 time before the snow flys[these eng's should have been done last fall so i could have put them in last winter when work was slow]

Back