• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Duramileage" Guinea Pig

Flyboy207

Reaction score
Hey all,
I've been looking at this Duramileage tuner that has had some controversial reviews and I think I'm going to try it. I get about 13.5 MPG in my LBZ and I don't drive like a grandma at all... But I think I will try the handheld that they are selling now and see if I get any improvement, 2-3 mpg would make me plenty happy. I will try to keep anyone who is interested up to date on what mileage I get, and whether or not that is while running an additive. Thanks folks

Good luck with that. I wouldn't spend too much for it though. If it was a new miracle tuner for LBZs I'm sure it would have come along many years ago.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Have you tried any other tuners yet? There are many other tuners out there that have received much better reviews. They may be a better value for your hard earned money.

If you want to waste some money, go ahead. It will probably make your DIC read higher, but that is about it. All it is is a pressure box, and a poor one at that.

I am sure a properly written EFI live tune would be a much better purchase for boosting mpg. improving aerodynamics would be a better money dump, such as a tonneau cover, air dam, more synthetic oil, etc.

It's been proven that tonneau covers don't really add much mileage. Air builds a bubble in the bed that does the same thing as a tonneau cover. Want better mileage? Run good fuel, keep your engine in tune, replace the exhaust, drive like a sane human being. Your truck is a heavy brick, there's only so much you can do to improve mileage.

If you want bring her on down and for $175 I can make your DIC read 30MPG for you. Now your ACTUAL fuel mileage will not be but maybe half that. I know that I tuned an LBZ and he got an honest 21-22 MPG running 65 out of his, and have sent the same tune to others with simliar results. If you want more mileage, don't push the go peddle as hard is the cheapest way to achieve it.

It's been proven that tonneau covers don't really add much mileage. Air builds a bubble in the bed that does the same thing as a tonneau cover. Want better mileage? Run good fuel, keep your engine in tune, replace the exhaust, drive like a sane human being. Your truck is a heavy brick, there's only so much you can do to improve mileage.

X2, in addition to this leaving your tailgate down produces little if any benefit in fuel mileage. Leaving you tailgate down is also an unsafe thing to do, in an accident it ties the besides together and keeps them from ripping off.

1.jpg

I have seen tests like that, and I agree with the concept on newer tall sided shortbeds (of which are the only test subjects), but I would love to see a test on the GMT800 and older longbeds. I wonder if a longbed needs a tonneau cover...

Back